ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson McGlothin - 2024 Signee

I would say no as well. But if we were to pay out a lot of money for one kid, it would have to be on a player for fit a need on a team that was ready to compete for an NCAA bid.

That was not the situation we had this year with Tyler. To me, it would have been foolhardy to pay big bucks to Tyler to bring him back to the squad we have assembled for this year, who even with Tyler is probably at best a mid-pack A-10 team.

Now, if you have a team like we had in 2020-2021 and we could use it on a big time player, I would have a different approach. I hope whomever runs this thing takes things like this into consideration and doesn't just spend to spend. You have to spend wisely and timely.
Thats a good point - and those decisions then would likely have to involve the coaching staff in some manner right? Even if behind closed doors. Conversations like - hey, we can spend a lot of money on Kid A, but is that something you would to do, knowing the team won't be top level, or do we save that money and look to spend big next year. Its very similar to pro team saving up for big free agents or when they know they just need to add 1 particular piece/player.

I'd think the coach 100% has to be involved in deciding NIL payments.
can't have some random guy (Queally?) deciding how much to offer.

Reactions: urfan1
That pillow. Abomination. Should be defiled. Never to be seen from again. Embarrassing we have that in production.

On other hand the shirt he’s rocking in last photo I can get behind. Looks old school.

Reactions: brooklyn brownstone
Pistokache would be the most recent to join the team in 2015.

TJ and SDJ came on in 2013, though TJ had to sit out that year with the transfer. Chase Fletcher also walked on that year.

2012 was Terry, and 2011 was our greatest three-point shooter of all-time, walk-on Zach Chu, who is still in the NBA as a strategy/analytics guru with the Pacers.

Athletic PR folks on top of things as always...spelled Bryson's last name wrong three out of the six times it's in the press release.

it's amazing after so many mistakes that someone doesn't insist on checking everything before every release.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
this is an institution of higher learning that always leads with academics vs athletics. as such, you'd think error prevention would be a top priority to reflect the desired academic perception.

I don't consider getting a kid's name spelled right to be nitpicking.

And even if so, I'll pick that nit all day long. After all, it's my day job to edit writing. I'd be furious if my writers were repeatedly doing as poor a job as I see coming out of our athletic department. University PR is much more polished, but for some reason athletics just doesn't seem to care.

I understand they're sometimes under time constraints to get stuff published, but still, that certainly wasn't the case with this announcement.

I don't consider getting a kid's name spelled right to be nitpicking.

And even if so, I'll pick that nit all day long. After all, it's my day job to edit writing. I'd be furious if my writers were repeatedly doing as poor a job as I see coming out of our athletic department. University PR is much more polished, but for some reason athletics just doesn't seem to care.

I understand they're sometimes under time constraints to get stuff published, but still, that certainly wasn't the case with this announcement.

can we use some NIL funds to bring in a proofreader or something

Reactions: Philaspidur
SF be sure to make a final 6 list so you don’t end up negotiating against yourself with UR. I hear 10 year contracts are all the rage.

I like the high release on his 3 point jumper. He's not just getting shots off only when wide open, that should translate as a skill. Pretty good arc on that jumper too, not flat and not a rainbow (tho Bob Black would looooove to add another guy who shoots with a ton of arc for that call.)

Reactions: urfan1
What a great attitude Bryson shows ... he could definitely be the student voice for Richmond basketball. Glad he is coming our way!

He's coming to our away game tomorrow?

Edit: Nevermind, must be the Dayton game a week from tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT