ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 82 George Washington 74 - King and Company Subdue Revolutionaries!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

I have been watching Spiders basketball live for over 50 years and there have only been a handful of players and individual performances like the one Jordan King launched late in last night's first half and finished at crunch time for the win...maybe Aron Stewart a few times...McCurdy was a remarkable scorer, but a grinder...many of our outstanding history of guards, Atkinson, Anderson, Anthony, Jones and Gilyard may have had a handful of these types of games, but none put together a season like King is building...

it was electric and had this fan just shaking his head and wondering what would come next...the Robins Center went crazy in the run that got us back in the game at the half...

and how about Isaiah Bigelow?...what an outstanding game!...he just keeps getting better...

finally the Spiders defense looks like it's for real...the Revolutionaries shot only 38% FG and a meager 21% 3FG in the deciding second half....

as many have said these Spiders look different, play different and the results have been outstanding...I think we're still getting better...a team that continues to improve as the season progresses is usually a sign that the coaching staff is doing something right!

may this team join the ranks of the regular season version of the "Giant Killers" on Saturday...good times!

Go Spiders!

"Go to the basket, you're seven feet tall!" 😂
Ha! It was great to have a new boisterous fan in the Robins Center. This gentleman sat behind me and was obsessed with Neal Quinn as you could hear in the highlights every time he touched the ball.

His conditioning and endurance were outstanding. He was 100% from the field never missing an opportunity to remind Quinn he was a 7 footer and needed to take it to the bucket.

I think he celebrated a personal victory every time Quinn did take it to the hoop. It was like a windmill dunk for him!

Ironically he seldom acknowledged Jordan King.

He may have been a borderline UR fan. It’s good to see some of these types of fans coming out to see what’s going on.

Go Spiders! 😂

If Quinn's dad looks as formidable as MFG's dad, I would be careful about yelling this in his vicinity. Of course I may have been thinking some of the same.

It would be ideal if Quinn could draw a couple early fouls on Holmes. Though from the little I have seen , his back up Isaac Jack is a load in there, aggressive strong big man.

If Quinn's dad looks as formidable as MFG's dad, I would be careful about yelling this in his vicinity. Of course I may have been thinking some of the same.

It would be ideal if Quinn could draw a couple early fouls on Holmes. Though from the little I have seen , his back up Isaac Jack is a load in there, aggressive strong big man.
Anthony Grant has always had a stable of tall players. Nice to have a couple on the floor at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT