ADVERTISEMENT

How far do you go?

AnnapSpider

Graduate Assistant
May 8, 2003
Annapolis, MD
On this site I have a poster that attacks me. I don’t know him, and I have no idea what his problem is. But, he’s able to hide
because texting allows you to be anonymous.
Some of you post some pretty mean spirited comments about our coach and AD. Which may be valid, but could be said
less acrimoniously.
But there are some people who have serious mental problems . My example is the kid that plays forward for Ohio State, Liddell.
Because his team lost to Oral Robert’s he has been getting death threats, and of course racial slurs tweeted to him.
Think about that-his team lost a college basketball game.

On this site I have a poster that attacks me. I don’t know him, and I have no idea what his problem is. But, he’s able to hide
Some of you post some pretty mean spirited comments about our coach and AD. Which may be valid, but could be said
less acrimoniously.
But there are some people who have serious mental problems . My example is the kid that plays forward for Ohio State, Liddell.
Because his team lost to Oral Robert’s he has been getting death threats, and of course racial slurs tweeted to him.
You are assuming that all that has been reported is true. Things of this nature are very often not as they are portrayed. It is wise to conduct a thorough investigation before drawing any conclusions.

You are assuming that all that has been reported is true. Things of this nature are very often not as they are portrayed. It is wise to conduct a thorough investigation before drawing any conclusions.
I also want to point out the hypocrisy of this stance:

A young black mans states he was racially abused and his safety was threatened (he even gives screenshots), but “it is wise to conduct a thorough investigation before drawing conclusions” because “things of this nature are often not as they are portrayed”.

Yet, many on here, are quick to state opinions as fact and expect support, lambasting others when they disagree.

You yourself the other day gave said you were “quite sure” that Wojick’s dad and uncle “weren’t impressed with how Wojcik was being coached and managed” as a reason for why Wojcik left. Or your take on Hardt’s support for Mooney “is about covering-up for the AD and the department that he runs.”

I’m all for opinions, but it sure feels like you’re requiring a thorough investigation in one scenario and in others you’re making conclusions without thorough investigations.

Reactions: plydogg
Whoa...let’s be clear. What’s happening to the kid from Ohio State is disgusting.
Our society would do better as a whole if we realized we don’t have to agree with each other to respect each other and that everyone is human.

However, saying that I think we could do better than Chris Mooney at $1.3M/year certainly doesn’t seem to be same thing as what’s happening to the kid at Ohio St. apologies if others see it that way, but in my mind part of Mooney getting paid obscene amounts of money is that he’s a public figure and subject to that stuff. Pay me $1M for my job andeveryone on this board can critique it.

Whoa...let’s be clear. What’s happening to the kid from Ohio State is disgusting.
Our society would do better as a whole if we realized we don’t have to agree with each other to respect each other and that everyone is human.

However, saying that I think we could do better than Chris Mooney at $1.3M/year certainly doesn’t seem to be same thing as what’s happening to the kid at Ohio St. apologies if others see it that way, but in my mind part of Mooney getting paid obscene amounts of money is that he’s a public figure and subject to that stuff. Pay me $1M for my job andeveryone on this board can critique it.
Sorry, wasn’t saying you shouldn’t have opinions on Mooney and his failures.

Just that we shouldn’t require a thorough investigation to believe someone who says they have experienced racism while not requiring the same when others give their opinion.

less acrimoniously.

Just to be clear, you're lumping yourself in with the OSU player that got death threats for missing a free throw because 32 is mean to you on this forum?

If i've got that anywhere close to correct, i'd suggest you grow a pair. If i'm not, please correct me and i'll apologize.

Last edited:
Thank you Nathan
The fact that a tweet made it to a forum doesn't mean that it was maliciously done by a stranger. Anyone can create a fake account, and people do stupid things all the time. You don't know who tweeted, or what there motivation was, without an investigation. Things are often not as they seem, those who take things at face value are frequently fooled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallipoli
The fact that a tweet made it to a forum doesn't mean that it was maliciously done by a stranger. People do stupid things all the time. You don't know who tweeted, or what there motivation was, without an investigation. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact. Things are often not as they seem, those who take things at face value are frequently fooled.

If someone calls me derogatory/racist names and tells me they are going to hunt me down and kill me, you're saying I need to wait to hear him out first and see what he actually meant? That's absurd

I also want to point out the hypocrisy of this stance:

A young black mans states he was racially abused and his safety was threatened (he even gives screenshots), but “it is wise to conduct a thorough investigation before drawing conclusions” because “things of this nature are often not as they are portrayed”.

Yet, many on here, are quick to state opinions as fact and expect support, lambasting others when they disagree.

You yourself the other day gave said you were “quite sure” that Wojick’s dad and uncle “weren’t impressed with how Wojcik was being coached and managed” as a reason for why Wojcik left. Or your take on Hardt’s support for Mooney “is about covering-up for the AD and the department that he runs.”

I’m all for opinions, but it sure feels like you’re requiring a thorough investigation in one scenario and in others you’re making conclusions without thorough investigations.
The fact that a tweet made it to a forum doesn't mean that it was maliciously done by a stranger (though it is a possibility). People create false accounts and do stupid things all the time. You don't know who tweeted, or what there motivation was, without an investigation. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact. Things are often not as they seem, those who take things at face value are frequently fooled.

I'll provide a quick example. I once watched a convenience store clerk hit themselves in the head with a hammer, drawing blood and causing a knot. This same clerk then called police and reported that he had been robbed. He provided a description of the offender while insisting that he had been robbed and assaulted.

Was that situation as it initially appeared. Without an investigation, and a witness, the initial assumption would have been believed. The truth was that the clerk stole the money himself and blamed it on someone else to cover his tracks.

Not the only example. Smollett and hundreds of others prove the point as well.

Last edited:
If someone calls me derogatory/racist names and tells me they are going to hunt me down and kill me, you're saying I need to wait to hear him out first and see what he actually meant? That's absurd
I didn't say that.

The fact that a tweet made it to a forum doesn't mean that it was maliciously done by a stranger. People do stupid things all the time. You don't know who tweeted, or what there motivation was, without an investigation. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact. Things are often not as they seem, those who take things at face value are frequently fooled.

I'll provide a quick example. I once watched a convenience store clerk hit themselves in the head with a hammer, drawing blood and causing a knot. This same clerk then called police and reported that he had been robbed. He provided a description of the offender while insisting that he had been robbed and assaulted.

Was that situation as it initially appeared. Without an investigation, and a witness, the initial assumption would have been believed. The truth was that the clerk stole the money himself and blamed it on someone else to cover his tracks.

Not the only example. Smollett and hundreds of others prove the point as well.
Seems like you are trying to prove the rule with the exceptions to the rule.

Most people who claim to be robbed, have been robbed. Most people who claim to have been threatened/racially abused, have been threatened/racially abused.

Also, if you don’t accept those facts, then I can accept I won’t be able to convince you. But then you should require the same standard of proof/thorough investigations of yourself before you state anything or make claims, or support others making claims without thorough investigations.

I fully expect the rules pertaining to social media will be changed in the near future. Hopefully people will not be allowed to so easily hide behind some anonymous name and spew hatred.

Just to be clear, you're lumping yourself in with the OSU player that got death threats for missing a free throw because 32 is mean to you on this forum?

If i've got that anywhere close to correct, i'd suggest you grow a pair. If i'm not, please correct me and i'll apologize.
I’d suggest you do your job and not make assumptions for my post. I specifically didn‘t mention any names because
that was not the point of my post.
I also suggest you clean-up your act and not use comments like “grow a pair.”

I fully expect the rules pertaining to social media will be changed in the near future. Hopefully people will not be allowed to so easily hide behind some anonymous name and spew hatred.
Do you expect the rules pertaining to sports forums will be changed to prevent AD staff from posing as "fans?"

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

One local TV station in our area no longer allows posts commenting on news articles from accounts that do not contain a person's name. The glitz with that is if people want to make the effort an account can be set up with either a fake name or someone else's name.

My apology?

• Haha
I would but you didn't address where I went wrong, did you?

Telling me "do my job" and "dont make assumptions" feels like less than an airtight rebuttal.
The premise of your post was to make an assumption why I posted what I did.
As I said, I specifically didn’t mention anyone because my post was about how far some fans (fanatics)
will go.
While for the most part, I think your tolerance of some becomes apparent when that poster is
either a friend of yours, or in 32’s case, posts a great deal of information that makes the site
better.
But for you to use a previous spat with another poster as a way to diminish the reason for my
post is not “your job.”

both take a deep breath before this gets out of hand more than it has

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT