ADVERTISEMENT

High Noon Fordham Game

I don't have access to the article, but they have been selling out some games lately, not sure what those numbers are saying since can't see the article.

. I think URI game on a Saturday is already sold out. They can have a racous atmosphere with that small gym.

I don't understand their attendance reports then...the box score says 1,734 attendance for that GW game. Rose Hill seats 3,200.

1,500 seats set aside for students and none of them showed up? o_O

I don't understand their attendance reports then...the box score says 1,734 attendance for that GW game. Rose Hill seats 3,200.

1,500 seats set aside for students and none of them showed up? o_O
maybe they just count paid attendance? and students just show ID?

Reactions: MrTbone
maybe they just count paid attendance? and students just show ID?
No clue. They clearly have some attendance reporting issues as there are a number of games dating back several years where they've reported 0 attendance. (That's aside from the 2020–21 COVID season when they really weren't allowing anyone in.)

I do see a 3,200 sellout for their opener back in 2019 and also for a Dayton game the previous season, so they are capable of reporting a full house.

Here are a few things I’d like to see against Fordham:
1) Starting lineup of: Bailey, Goose, Burton, Bigelow, Quinn/Grace (pick ‘em)
2) work inside until it’s clearly not working
3) play at a faster pace, shots off before 10 secs on shot clock
4) Bigs not to shoot from 3, drive or pass

Here are a few things I’d like to see against Fordham:
1) Starting lineup of: Bailey, Goose, Burton, Bigelow, Quinn/Grace (pick ‘em)
2) work inside until it’s clearly not working
3) play at a faster pace, shots off before 10 secs on shot clock
4) Bigs not to shoot from 3, drive or pass
I would like to add cutting Grace and Goose down to 10 minutes each.

I would like to add cutting Grace and Goose down to 10 minutes each.
Don't know if that much but cutting Goose more so than Grace due to position need. K, I look at it this way. Little chance of top 4 seed so start looking to the future. Those awesome pair of Spiders had their time and we thank them. Cynical side of me says Mooney padding the 55/45. And when A10 tourney arrives and the future youth isn't looking so good give the rested duo another shot at producing a miracle.

Presently Spiders -4.5 after starting at -3. Might surprise some here but the books maybe expecting UR to be better than record indicates. Maybe even doubting Fordham's new found success. This is a game that should be a W. Be very happy if it is but no gushing over it from me.
Despite the drastic differences in record they are only +/- 30 spots better than us in NET ranking. So looking at it in a vacuum, a #130 team on the road against a #160 team, it might not sound so crazy for the home team to be favored.

In the real world though we are two teams on vastly different paths right now. A win wouldn't shock me today but I think this game should be much closer to a pickem.

In today’s RTD, Mooney is quoted that Roche may be on deck for an expanded role. Let’s see if this comes to fruition. How many times have we heard about players getting expanded minutes only to see no follow through by Moon? At this point with our low 3 point shooting pct, and with practically no chance of postseason tournaments, it’s time to give these guys more playing time. In A-10 competition we rank 13th in 3 point shooting- our supposed strength.

Strange time for a game. Hope the Spiders are awake and ready to go. Will be interesting to see if CM makes any lineup adjustments or if last game was just a one time thing.

At least we know that one family will have a head start on the 529 plan before the game is over.

Go Spiders!

Reactions: gospidersgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT