ADVERTISEMENT

GW game thread - Wed 7pm - NBC Sports App only (not ESPN+ or MASN)

Unfortunately, (as mentioned above) the four year player doesn't really exist anymore

I guess he has filled the Gustavson role on the team. The one hole in his game continues to be at the FT line, as he's actually faring better from the field than the charity stripe

I’m with G…def downplayed my guy! The 1st quote I would say “See Also Dji Bailey”

Def disagree with the 2nd one as well, I would argue he does more than Goose at least the Goose that was back from injuries. And Dji has been 9-10 the last few trips to the line and most of them were in clutch time 😀 Let’s keep that going.

But cool, we like when he’s overlooked(see also only 10 min a game or less this yr), we are just going to keep on working. 🕷️🏀
He is overlooked, he will have opportunities. It has been a joy to watch him over the years. Dji's best days are ahead of him.

Any word on Walz? Looked like he may have reinjured himself in 2nd half v Davidson.

Did he return to play? I believe he’s been a meaningful part of our success. We need him for GW.

Go Spiders!

I think it's also going to be on USA Network - the NBC sports.com website shows it as USA and the USA live streaming site has the game listed there too.

"For some reason, Richmond is on an 8 game winning streak. I am afraid they might be looking ahead to the Dayton game, but George Washington is too good."

My question is...is this really a UR fan? IF so, terrible and his statement doesn't even make sense. "For some reason, Richmond is on an 8 game winning streak" 🙄
So that wasn’t you posing from Wake?
”Winston” fan…

Maybe it is someone who like a certain canine named Winston…

Last edited:
Losing this one would be a major letdown before the Dayton game. Lets hope the guys arent overlooking GW. A good team with only 4 losses.
Two undefeated teams with Dayton ranked would be a bigtime showdown. Id say it would be the biggest home game since Ive started following in 2012.

Losing this one would be a major letdown before the Dayton game. Lets hope the guys arent overlooking GW. A good team with only 4 losses.
Two undefeated teams with Dayton ranked would be a bigtime showdown. Id say it would be the biggest home game since Ive started following in 2012.
You seem to be the only one overlooking GW! You must have missed the interviews from the players and coaches!

GW leads the conference in turnovers with 14.4 per game and have 3 guys in the top 10 (Including 1 and 3). Meanwhile Spiders are in 1st with only 8.6 per game. Expect the Spiders to keep rolling, just gotta make sure to convert off turnovers and limit their exceptional 3 point shooting.

Reactions: gcarter52
is that on the guide listings on VZ, Comcast or Youtube TV? I checked my You TUBE Guide for USA Network tomorrow at 7pm and it is airing L&O SUV. I believe this is an APP game only.
It's listed as upcoming live sports on the USA home page, so I guess they elected to pick it up. Guess they figured they could cut back from 19 SVU episodes tomorrow to 17 and slide something else in.

You seem to be the only one overlooking GW! You must have missed the interviews from the players and coaches!
It was a hypothetical. I dont listen to player interviews on the spider website. Sorry, not that motivated. Glad to hear they arent overlooking GW.

say I get home tonight at 9:00. Can I load the NBC sports app on my tv and watch from the beginning like I can with ESPN+?

where can u find the interviews w players & coaches? I don't see any pregame press conf posted.

I wonder why this game is the only conference game not broadcast on ESPN+ or national TV (assuming that USA network, which our games @ GMU and GW will be on, counts as national TV). Especially since it's a home game which is usually ESPN+ if not nationally televised. I guess USA network gets to pick up certain games as part of their agreement with the A-10, but deemed this game not siginifcant enough to put on primetime cable? Strange.

Reactions: urfan1
Looks like two other Wednesday night games like ours with the same arrangement.

I don't understand how the A10 benefits from a separate contract with NBCsports vs carrying all games on ESPN+ which fans clearly prefer. there's no way it's that big an extra payout.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I agree it’s crazy NBC sports+ or whatever doesn’t come with Peacock. Why the hell wouldn’t that be bundled together
If you have Xfinity you should be OK based on my testing .. you will need to sign into the NBC app with Xfinity credentials.

Reactions: plydogg
I don't understand how the A10 benefits from a separate contract with NBCsports vs carrying all games on ESPN+ which fans clearly prefer. there's no way it's that big an extra payout.
Assume that there's still some value to being on cable as opposed to a streaming-only service, and that's probably why. Although obviously our game tonight is streaming-only even still.

Reactions: gospidersgo
so for someone like me who has no cable and thus no provider, can I download a trial of nbc sports app and successfully watch? My cursory online search tells me next to nothing about this app but that is an issue I’ve run into on occasion. I can totally see NBC telling to log in via my cable provider.

Again, I subscribe to Peacock. Peacock has sports. How dumb is this?

OK, so I just downloaded the app and created a profile. UR game is right there in the Live & Upcoming sports section. Hope this works. (Fyi, it asks if you have a cable provider, but does not need one apparently.)

I might just try on NBCsports.com on my computer.
but I still worry I won't be able to watch late.

I agree it’s crazy NBC sports+ or whatever doesn’t come with Peacock. Why the hell wouldn’t that be bundled together
Well, the more they spread out their product, the more people will buy. Signed up for Apple TV earlier this year and their now is another streaming service called Apple TV+, where you guessed it, you can pay more to get some of their better material.

Well, the more they spread out their product, the more people will buy. Signed up for Apple TV earlier this year and their now is another streaming service called Apple TV+, where you guessed it, you can pay more to get some of their better material.
Apple has only ever had one service, Apple TV+. (MLS Season Pass and Friday Night MLB are available add-ons.)

But yes, it's dumb the way everything gets broken up. There's certainly benefit to having some A-10 games on linear TV with USA (and they have some of the A-10 tournament), but this handful of digital-only ones is simply inconvenient. I assume NBC/USA insisted on it as part of the package in order to push exposure of their streaming sports, because I'd be surprised if those three games mean anything for their bottom line on their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT