ADVERTISEMENT

GW game thread - Wed 7pm - NBC Sports App only (not ESPN+ or MASN)

I think Francis is a pretty favorable comparison. both plus defenders. Francis may have forced more (which I assume is your complaint), but he was probably a little better shooter.
Francis masked Giily's talents. Gilly was waaay too unselfish for two years.

Francis had the worst starter shooting percentage on the team, but took the most shots, often too early in shot clock and ill advised from a difficulty standpoint.

Love him as a Spider. Not dissing. Just saying look at the stats.

Francis masked Giily's talents. Gilly was waaay too unselfish for two years.

Francis had the worst starter shooting percentage on the team, but took the most shots, often too early in shot clock and ill advised from a difficulty standpoint.

Love him as a Spider. Not dissing. Just saying look at the stats.
Also to your point, D-Lo is Robin and King is Batman. They both know that. Francis tried to be co-Batman with Gilly and I think that created some issues on the court. That was both of their issues, Francis for wanting to be Batman with Gilly and Gilly for letting him be it.

I think what D-Lo and King have going to great. Obviously, King is the alpha on the court but from all Mooney says about D-Lo, it sounds like he is the locker room leader.

Point is both D-Lo and King seems to have embraced their respective roles on this team and that has paid dividends in creating a very effective and complimentary backcourt.

Just saying look at the stats.
I did. which is partly why I think it's almost a perfect comp!

DLo is shooting 40.6% overall - 41% from 2 and 39% from 3 (was 33% before last night)
Blake shot 42.4% overall - 48% from 2 and 36% from 3.

Reactions: gcarter52
Ahhh. Thought we were comparing King and/or Gilly to Francis, not Francis and DLo. NO?
The first post said Delonnie. Maybe if it said Hunt there would have been less confusion. I do think they are similar on the floor, but off court there is no comparison.

Also to your point, D-Lo is Robin and King is Batman. They both know that. Francis tried to be co-Batman with Gilly and I think that created some issues on the court. That was both of their issues, Francis for wanting to be Batman with Gilly and Gilly for letting him be it.

I think what D-Lo and King have going to great. Obviously, King is the alpha on the court but from all Mooney says about D-Lo, it sounds like he is the locker room leader.

Point is both D-Lo and King seems to have embraced their respective roles on this team and that has paid dividends in creating a very effective and complimentary backcourt.
Wouldnt it be Mooney’s fault, not Gilly’s, for letting it happen. Isnt the coach ultimately in control of which players should dominate the offense?

Speaking of Hunt, what do all of you think record would be without his injury? CO was there for the taking and he missed most of the game. UNI was also one that could have gone Spiders way with his scoring and leadership. I at least think we win 1 or those two with him, seeing how the team plays when he is on the court.
Other loses I dont see him playing making a difference.

Speaking of Hunt, what do all of you think record would be without his injury? CO was there for the taking and he missed most of the game. UNI was also one that could have gone Spiders way with his scoring and leadership. I at least think we win 1 or those two with him, seeing how the team plays when he is on the court.
Other loses I dont see him playing making a difference.
UNI at least in my opinion. At least in the 1/2 half was King's worst game all season and I think Delo on the court would have been a big help (even though Tyne if I recall played pretty well)

Would love to have uni back. We didn't play well in that one. We would win that one now with or without Hunt.

Colorado: We played great and had a real chance to win. An extra boost from Hunt might have taken us over the top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT