ADVERTISEMENT

Gilly in the NBA

So now he's stolen the ball from Curry and blocked him...what's next, dunking over him?
I wonder if Curry recognizes the "small school" commonality and appreciates the hustle, or if he's all "who is this little guy and why is bothering me."

I wonder if Curry recognizes the "small school" commonality and appreciates the hustle, or if he's all "who is this little guy and why is bothering me."
He probably knows who Gilyard is by now because the last time they faced each other Gilyard got a key steal off of Curry towards the end of the game that helped extend the Grizzlies lead out of reach.

Atkinson is still on the GSW staff, so a UR connection for those games where Gilyard is showing out. I do not think Kerr will continue when his contract is up this year, so a very good chance KA is the next GSW coach. Will see how Memphis plays Jacob's contract situation. They have zero reason to convert him off his 2 way deal this season, and GG Jackson will def. get a guaranteed contract (he is also on a 2 way deal this year) much like V. Williams did. Adams being traded certainly helps roster wise, since Oladipo is certainly not in their long term plans and he is an UFA after this year.

I believe Gilyard won’t be eligible for 2-way contracts after this season, only 10 day contracts for full contracts. Not sure if a team will want to spend a roster spot on him, but the Memphis coaches obviously like him with the consistent time he has gotten this season.

Should be able to do one more year on a 2-way with the Grizz if they want. You’re allowed three with one team. And he should be able to do two more years total, just not all with the Grizz.

Should be able to do one more year on a 2-way with the Grizz if they want. You’re allowed three with one team. And he should be able to do two more years total, just not all with the Grizz.
I might just be aware of an older set of rules, but I thought you could only play on a 2-way in your first 2 years in the NBA, with a year counting if you play in at least one game.

Guys with less than four seasons of NBA experience are eligible, but I think that means you can play four. Certainly three.

Reactions: fan2011
Nice piece on Gilly. Did spot one error where he says Gilly can play 18 more games with the Grizz. The 50-game limit is definitely applied to games where the player is active, not necessarily getting into the game.

And yeah, the entire roster is still injured.

Reactions: urfan1
The best thing to do with trolls is ignore them and they eventually go away. In the meantime he or she is giving a bad name to UGA, a very friendly school in an absolutely great town.

Imagine a 200+ million athletic budget that prints money, in a major basketball recruiting hub, and still having a worse record than little U of R in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
Gilyard starts again. I think there are 12 people on the injury list for the griz right now, including JJJ. It might get pretty ugly against the Celtics.

Starting lineup for the Griz include 2 2-way players, and a 10-day player.
First 3 off the bench are also 2-ways and 10-days.

Last edited:
Both Pippen Jr. and Gilyard on the court at the same time. When is the last time an NBA teams had two players <=6'1 on the court at the same time?

Gilly is off to a good start this game. As one of the active player veterans he is shooting more. With 8 minutes left in half he is already 3-5 shooting and 7 points, which is most on team.

Grizzlies got mauled, but Gilyard got the most minutes today. 13 points, 5-10 FGs, 3-7 from 3, 6 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals. However, 3 turnovers and a giant -31 in the plus/minus (Grizz lost by 40 and had only 8 guys to play so...)

Def. worth a watch the highlights of his play, a couple nice 3s and one really nice pass for an assist. You can hear the announcers start to talk about him when he hits the 2nd three which pulls Grizz within 2 points in the 2nd quarter.

Grizzlies at MSG tonight. Worst seats in house down to $75 inclusive of $29 (!!) fees at present. Seems to be a lot of availability so I may wait a few hours and see if prices drop further.
at some point someone has to address the exorbitant fees being charged by these middlemen monopolies.

Agree. The fees are what make it impossible to afford going to games anymore

Try TickPick. There r still fees except they bake them into cost of ticket upfront so u know exactly what u r paying as u r searching. Easier than seeing the fees later when going to purchase. Used them number of times, good site imo.

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
Tried TickPick for NCAAs round 2 in Buffalo and it was a nightmare app. Basically the process went: I put a ticket in my cart. Could never remove or change it, despite numerous attempts. Contacted customer support, who were all gone for the weekend. Be back in touch 9 am Monday. Because apparently no one buys tix for weekend events. Finally abandoned them and got my tix on another site. They got back to me on Tuesday asking how they could help. I asked if they could defend Providence’s shooters.

SeatGeek also lets you bake in the fees cost upfront (why I wrote inclusive of fees.)

Try TickPick. There r still fees except they bake them into cost of ticket upfront so u know exactly what u r paying as u r searching. Easier than seeing the fees later when going to purchase. Used them number of times, good site imo.
"reselling a ticket for more than 10 percent above its box office price is considered scalping and is prohibited".

in brooklyn's case, seller is asking for $46 while the fees increase it to $75. That $29 fee is 63% of the asking price!
whether a site just shows the $75 cost with the fees baked in is irrelevant.
they shouldn't be allowed to scalp with that kind of mark up.

Reactions: regatw
sorry guys forget I mentioned it lol. I wasn't prepared to answer your IT and legal issues. It sounds like user error.

• Haha
Reactions: Section9.RowD
Gilyard gets the start again, but has 2 quick TOs in the opening minutes.

The game is so uncompetitive that the Knicks announcers are just talking about their lives. They have largely ignored anything that is happening on court for essentially the entire 2nd quarter.

Last edited:
Grizz just had the deficit down to 4, but a quick 5-point spurt by the Knicks probably iced it with under 90 seconds to play.

Anyone else having issue with the nba site’s video on a mobile device? Seems to work fine on computer but when I try to watch the highlights of Gilyard’s stats directly from the nba.com box score, the videos don’t load or play, just a black screen.

When his 2 way game allotment ends, any chance he is signed? I think I saw he has 7 games left on the two way

Assuming ESPN's box scores are accurate, he's been active in 45 of their 51 games so far and has played in 34. So he should only have 5 games left.

He was only inactive for a 6-game stretch around New Year's when he played 5 games with the Hustle. (He played one other game for the Hustle on December 7, but he didn't miss any Grizz games on that assignment.)

Reactions: spiders13
Grizz are trading Tillman to the Celtics for two second-round picks.

Grizz are trading Tillman to the Celtics for two second-round picks.
I guess that opens up a spot… is there another trade coming to fill it, will they give it to GG, or is it Gilly time?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT