ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett Johnson - 2021 Offer

I have to say all these recruiting posts are hard to keep up with and can be somewhat depressing. You see the coaching staff finding some good fits early only to watch the P5 schools offers roll in and pull the players away.

Johnson seems like a good fit for Richmond and I hope they can land another quality VA area player. Definitely looks like the type of athlete UR should be recruiting. Recruiting has been trending up, so hope it continues.

I think the pandemic concerns are becoming a factor for players parents especially and so that can be a plus for in-state recruiting.

Reactions: plydogg
I have to say all these recruiting posts are hard to keep up with and can be somewhat depressing. You see the coaching staff finding some good fits early only to watch the P5 schools offers roll in and pull the players away.

Johnson seems like a good fit for Richmond and I hope they can land another quality VA area player. Definitely looks like the type of athlete UR should be recruiting. Recruiting has been trending up, so hope it continues.

I think the pandemic concerns are becoming a factor for players parents especially and so that can be a plus for in-state recruiting.
Only the best are worth competing for. If we get a recruit that is only recruited by equal or lower levels than us, we’re not improving. So , don’t be depressed, be competitive.
Think how the “other “ schools feel when we get the recruit. Example- Vanderbilt for now.

Don't believe I've seen his list of 12, not that it means much with that many on it. Again, not sure where we stand given we already have a couple of guards committed in the class.

Got an offer from Princeton yesterday. National Basketball Analyst Brian Snow is calling it Princeton 100%. Snow has a 93% guess rate including calling Gianni Thompson to princeton.

Got an offer from Princeton yesterday. National Basketball Analyst Brian Snow is calling it Princeton 100%. Snow has a 93% guess rate including calling Gianni Thompson to princeton.
"including calling Gianni Thompson to princeton" I'm not sure what this means...

Interesting...Snow is solid. I don’t even see the Princeton offer reported anywhere besides 24/7, including Johnson’s own Twitter (though he did just follow a couple of their coaches). Snow definitely seems to have inside info.

Again, not sure where we stand given we already have a couple of guards committed in the class.
if this is what "positionless basketball" is, then I'm on board.

he may call himself a guard because he has guard skills, but he can certainly play forward ... eventually big forward if needed ... at 6'7". watching his junior year highlights, he's a terrific athlete. runs the floor really well and is explosive. then he starts knocking down 3's and putting it on the floor. I'm sold. I think he'd be a terrific get.

I certainly wouldn't fault a kid if he wants to go Ivy.
I might go Ivy over most Patriot League, SoCon or CAA full rides.

looking at his list, the ones I'd be looking hard at against Princeton, Yale and maybe Penn for a high academic kid are Xavier because of the high hoops level and Richmond with the combo of athletics and academics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT