ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Oh No - UNLV game thread - ~ 630 EST

Following the play-by-play feed online while flying. First half stats look incredible, is the defense playing as well as the stats make it seem?

From the stats it seems like 2nd half defense wasn’t as effective, but we couldn’t miss so it didn’t matter.

Really glad the guys got this win after the last two tough games.

This might be a q2 win at the end of the season.

There is a lot to like about this team. King and Quinn are playing like all-conference players season to date. Bigelow has also improved his shooting from last year and Dji is looking smooth, there are a number of other players stepping it up.

Best defense I have seen from Richmond in a very long time.

There is a lot to like about this team. King and Quinn are playing like all-conference players season to date. Bigelow has also improved his shooting from last year and Dji is looking smooth, there are a number of other players stepping it up.

Best defense I have seen from Richmond in a very long time.
Boyden now has the right players to increase pressure

As a Spider fan, lots to be thankful for the last few days on the court and gridiron. Quite the performance tonight!

Safe travels to all. Enjoy the family. Don't eat too much....and lets keep rolling after the holiday!

Go Spiders

The guys shot well and won!! Cool how that works. Bailey 7 assists!! Walz 100%! Quinn and Bigelow assertive. King reappeared!! Good night for the Spiders.

Congratulations to the team for getting back on track in a big way last night. Contributions from so many different guys, but wow Quinn - 20 pts, 7 rebs, 5 assists, 4 blocks, no TO's 😳

Reactions: urfan1
A few other things that stood out to me from last night:

- Our three pointers were falling (we shot great - 64%) but we didn't force them (only 14 attempts, lowest number of the season so far). I really don't see us becoming a great 3 point shooting team, so I view last night as closer to the ideal for us than the 30+ attempts from the first game of the season.

- Harris provided some solid minutes. The first few games of the year he seemed like he'd sort of be the odd man out, but I think there is enough basketball skill there that he will make his mark at times this year.

- Roche's confidence is zero right now. He's made way too many 3's in his life to be missing like this. For us to have any kind of postseason aspirations this year I still think we will need him though so here's to hoping he breaks out of his funk. It's a long season so hopefully he keeps his head up and stays ready.

- Dji continues to show why he needs more time. With Hunt out we needed him in more of a playmaking role and he delivered big time (shades of Magic Johnson during part of the second half). I think even when Hunt comes back though Dji has made himself too valuable to not be consistently getting 25+ mpg.

A few other things that stood out to me from last night:

- Our three pointers were falling (we shot great - 64%) but we didn't force them (only 14 attempts, lowest number of the season so far). I really don't see us becoming a great 3 point shooting team, so I view last night as closer to the ideal for us than the 30+ attempts from the first game of the season.

- Harris provided some solid minutes. The first few games of the year he seemed like he'd sort of be the odd man out, but I think there is enough basketball skill there that he will make his mark at times this year.

- Roche's confidence is zero right now. He's made way too many 3's in his life to be missing like this. For us to have any kind of postseason aspirations this year I still think we will need him though so here's to hoping he breaks out of his funk. It's a long season so hopefully he keeps his head up and stays ready.

- Dji continues to show why he needs more time. With Hunt out we needed him in more of a playmaking role and he delivered big time (shades of Magic Johnson during part of the second half). I think even when Hunt comes back though Dji has made himself too valuable to not be consistently getting 25+ mpg.
Dji is getting his time. Needs to stay as 6th man...good energy off bench. doesn't matter who starts, its who finishes...plus he can win the A10 6th man and most improved player awards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT