ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Fisher

PASpiderDad

Rookie
Sep 24, 2014
Any thoughts of the type of offense we should we expect to see from Coach Fisher? I am in PA and he was on Bill O'Brien's Penn State staff before he came to UR.

All I know is he has a history of being balanced. we will definitely run more. Not a full spread guy. But until you get the talent you want you make the most out of what you have.

does not the big whistle really determine what we run? the OC, unless he runs some run and shoot or wishbone, actually just runs what the head coach is comfortable with, is that right or wrong? the OC may call the plays on game day but they are a product of what the O staff comes up with during the week based on who we are playing and what we wish to attack. now if the guy is really talented and has some imagination, he can bring something to the table but if not.......

Most OCs have input into the style of offense that will be run. It has to be something that the Head Coach is comfortable with and may depend on the experience level of the OC. The more experienced and successful OCs have more freedom with the offense than someone who is a new, inexperienced OC. Personnel would need to play into the type of offense. I was just curious about Fisher. Maybe he will keep a lot of things the same.

Had placed this inadvertently on the Sparky post

A newer, contemporary young mind would have been my choice, but they are elusive and UR isn't a destination, just a stepping stone for a Streeter type coach.Lobo's arrival and then quick departure left Danny with a shortage of "on the market"and qualified OC's since the good ones were already taken and hence Fisher was a default and expected solution.Let's see what happens.

am curious too DAD, have no idea either. just don't know how much he will impact what we do since he has not done this before. hope he is great, we will need to score points, lots of points, to be successful.

personally don't care if we are balanced, run oriented or pass oriented, just know in fcs, you have to score lots of points to win lots of games and just hope that we have an adjusted oriented attack, do what we can do against the opponent today in order to win, don't be married to something if it is not working.

Balanced, more under center. Little more fullback/ I-form.

May be best for this Oline, they seemed to struggle with the spread to be consistent enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT