ADVERTISEMENT

Casting a wide net

UR Fan 2

Team Manager
May 5, 2005
Given the large number of rising Seniors and the large number of open offers for a spot in 2016, I wonder if Mooney will try to bring in a group of kids (Top 5 for instance) for a recruiting visit together and try to close a big group simultaneously. Thoughts?

Fan 2, is this a popular practice? I don't know anything about recruiting, but it would seem to be counterproductive unless the recruits already knew each other.

Great idea.Invite the entire DeMatha team and their families and the coaching staff to visit our new president on July 2nd,have an unforgettable luncheon at the Alumni Center,visit a choreographed Robins Center and receive a small remembrance of the visit.Most of the players live within 2 hours of UR for home games and the families can see their sons when play at GW and GMU.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/dematha-stags-(hyattsville,md)/basketball/schedule.htm

Fan 2, is this a popular practice? I don't know anything about recruiting, but it would seem to be counterproductive unless the recruits already knew each other.

I seem to remember Huggy Bear brought Terry Henderson in with other freshman recruits, helped them bond over a weekend and then got multiple commitments.

Michigan got a couple of kids from the same AAU team in Detroit in the 90's. They still have all their banners in storage! Point is, I like that we always do it the right way and not like Michigan, Syracuse, UConn, and Kentucky.

Michigan got a couple of kids from the same AAU team in Detroit in the 90's. They still have all their banners in storage! Point is, I like that we always do it the right way and not like Michigan, Syracuse, UConn, and Kentucky.

Still no word on Vegas, SpiderK?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT