ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - Stony Brook

It may not have been pretty, but the team showed the grit and heart of a champion today. Ill take that any day.
Agreed. Guys were resilient and found a way to win when there were so many times it looked like it wasn’t going to be our day. Definitely things that can be improved and we should aim high - but sometimes you have to win ugly.

For those interested. Morgan State is in OT with Albany, regulation ended at 10 all.

Albany put up 17 and 20 against FBS teams and 34 on Fordham for that teams only loss.

Not saying our offense does not need to improve but It appears Morgan State has a defense.

Reactions: DTSpider
A win is a win, but oof. Four interceptions against a terrible team, even with two backup QBs, not inspiring.

Great win from the Spiders!! First one on Long Island in 10 years!! Every CAA game is a blood bath… for all the haters, that’s probably one of Russ’s best wins, 3rd string QB all second half and the boys found a way to start CAA play on a great note! Momentum for the guys between the lines!

Reactions: gcarter52
Given the choice, you want to win, or to be inspired? Being both was not an option.
Just giving my opinion, that's all. I'm not going to advance us to the playoffs because we beat an 0-3 team at the buzzer by one point, but yes, gutsy to get the W given the injuries.

It was an upback who ran that one. On the coach's show last week though, Trusler asked Huesman said they have a fake punt play for him and were going to use it in that game if Michigan State gave us a certain look. But they didn't, so they went to the direct snap. But sounds like Trusler will get his shot at some point.

Last edited:
Please don’t throw this pass again to the wide side of the field in the wind and rain,especially with the DBack playing so tight.Not sure I get that play calling.

I agree that 3rd down sideline pass that resulted in a pick 6 was questionable. I will also point out that the play calling on the game winning drive was excellent with a nice mix of short passes and runs that were well executed. Kudos to our young offensive tackles that stepped up yesterday due to injuries and our Warrior, Ryan Coll who opened some nice running lanes with Tom Elia and Keith Gouveia. Great job also by Ashten Snelshire to come as a 3rd string QB and lead us on a game winning drive in bad weather. It was not pretty but ended with a Beautiful result. A WIN!

Overall thought that Ashten Snelshire is able to throw a better pass than either #1 or #2.Surprised by the kid’s coolness and mobility.
Thought he looked very polished for being thrown into that situation and agree the last drive was well done.

Reactions: urfan1
True freshman, Matthew Traynor is showing some flashes on special teams. His block of the extra point was huge at the time. Hoping we get to see him in more than 4 games as he has good size and speed for a freshman DB and looks like he could have an impact moving forward. Tough call with our depth in the defensive backfield and two fifth year safeties leaving after this year. With Parker hurt, he may have to burn that redshirt.

tough choices with the portal, but he will only get better if we can keep him and ne stays healthy.

Tyler Funderburk had a pick-6 for Appalachian State last night at Wyoming.

Be glad you're not an App State fan. They played inspired and lost.

Amir Hall that transferred to Albany already has 2 picks and 5 pass breakups in their first 4 games.
Caught a few minutes of one of their games and they kept throwing at him and he kept coming through.

Spilled milk I guess, but he was the one that left who was not a grad and it was odd we lost one that way.

The reason for transfer-How do you spell poaching?

Last edited:
Amir Hall that transferred to Albany already has 2 picks and 5 pass breakups in their first 4 games.
Caught a few minutes of one of their games and they kept throwing at him and he kept coming through.

Spilled milk I guess, but he was the one that left who was not a grad and it was odd we lost one that way.

I liked Hall.Big kid from Baltimore.Believe he was injured and lost starting job at UR.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT