ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Game thread - 7pm Thursday MASN/ESPN+

Tyne, Roche, Harris, Walz and Noyes - who is providing consistent bench scoring from that 5? Tyne is a freshman, we cannot figure out how to get Roche good looks, Noyes is still extremely hit or miss, Walz is not a scorer and Harris is a defensive guy first.

Tyne and Roche are badly needed. Noyes if he can figure out a role.
Not sure a lot of scoring is a must from a bench. We went 24-7 in 2020 and our leading bench scorer was Tyler at 4.6 ppg. A lot of times, bench guys will be the 5th option offensively when in the game, or 4th and 5th with 2 bench guys in there. Just need positive impacts. But, we do need good 3 point shooting, so if we don't get that from multiple starters, we would need some from the bench.

Not sure a lot of scoring is a must from a bench. We went 24-7 in 2020 and our leading bench scorer was Tyler at 4.6 ppg. A lot of times, bench guys will be the 5th option offensively when in the game, or 4th and 5th with 2 bench guys in there. Just need positive impacts. But, we do need good 3 point shooting, so if we don't get that from multiple starters, we would need some from the bench.
Good post VT4700. I think our bench is pretty good. Assuming Hunt comes back and starts, we have 5 guys that can rotate in:

1. Tyne - He seems to be getting better with every game and will be a multi year starter for our team
2. Walz - hasn't been playing basketball for that many years. Big, strong, athletic and high IQ. Once he gets more experience and confidence he is going to be a very strong player.
3. Harris - might not be a big scorer, but a good all around player
4/5 Roche, Noyes I still believe these guys are good players that need more confidence. Both of them will be good contributors to the team in A10 play.

Me too…but injuries are part of it unfortunately but we are all extremely happy that he’s now able to show what he’s capable of and what he’s always been able to do.
I’ve said it before but worth repeating. Really like his aggressive play both sides of the ball. He’s showing he can take it to the basket even when covered tightly. He’s showing also that we can count on him for a good amount of points as a starter. Hope to see this kind of play on a consistent basis as we head into conference play. The more options we have the better.

our bench is fine if we work a coupe in at a time with starters.
can't ever play 5 or even 4 of them together. not enough scoring.

Reactions: VT4700
Agree, right now 2 is max but 3 seems more what Moon has rolled with. I’m okay on offense with Noyes/Roche/Harris if the other 2 are King and Quinn. But does leave something to be desired defensively. Walz lineups are tougher to figure out, like him with more regulars or in tandem with Roche or Noyes, but not both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT