ADVERTISEMENT

Atlantic 10 reset

We are going to need to win just about all of our home games, and win more than half of our road games to make a respectable A10 showing this season, and with how we have played on the road lately, that will be a very tall order. I hope I am wrong.

The A-10 is weaker than usual this year. Need to win the conference tournament and/or finish in the top 3 if the Spiders want to feel good about making the big dance. Anything outside of this is going to put the team on very shaky bubble ground in my opinion.

Last year, St. Joe's 2 forwards had a terrible shooting percentage. My memory fails me as to what happened. But it wasn't Alonzo, he didn't play. Kendall scored a bunch, and he's gone, along with Josh. I assume Bembry will have a big game tomorrow, who steps up for the Spiders? I think we will be the underdogs, even though it's a home game.

Last year, St. Joe's 2 forwards had a terrible shooting percentage. My memory fails me as to what happened. But it wasn't Alonzo, he didn't play. Kendall scored a bunch, and he's gone, along with Josh. I assume Bembry will have a big game tomorrow, who steps up for the Spiders? I think we will be the underdogs, even though it's a home game.

We are 4 or 5 point favorites depending on where you are placing your bet. We are certainly not underdogs. I think we win by double digits.

2011 you're seeing the same spreads I[m seeing, I cannot believe they are taking into account sdj possibly not playing.

Vegas is taking a risk with that line if SDJ doesn't play. If I'm a better, I'm take St. Joes and the points if he is out. The line is what I would expect it to be with a healthy 100% SDJ. Maybe Vegas knows more about his injury than we do.

We are 4 or 5 point favorites depending on where you are placing your bet. We are certainly not underdogs. I think we win by double digits.

Agreed. Hope SDJ can play, but if he doesn't, I'm not really that worried. Fore has started coming into his own lately. We're at home. It'll be a near sellout. These are the kind of games we do not lose.

Last year Bembry & Miles were both 0-4 from Three...

After this game, I wonder what the chances are the ST Joe wins their next 10? Will be a underdog at URI but if all three players are still out? And will be a 1 pt dog at Fordham...but favored in the other eight.

Wow, St Louis is pretty bad. Down 18-4 and it's not that close.

Dayton stunk it up today even though they won. almost handed the game to the Dukes who made 4 total shots in the first half and were down 2 starters I think

+1 urmite! I can definitely see this St. Joe's team go on a 10+ game winning streak. Every player in their starting line-up can sink the three, and both Bembry and Miles will likely shoot 35% from 3-point land, and will rarely go 0-4. Hell, I believe they shot 50%+ from 3-point land against us, and a lot of teams can't do that in a practice, with no defenders. They are a flat-out very good team. I wonder if our posters will change their tune about our Saturday game being a "bad-loss" if St. Joe's keeps winning, and starts getting votes in the polls? With St. Louis and Rhody, I believe we can make both of those teams look bad, maybe because they are.

Current standings, show St. Joe's near the top, and maybe deservedly so...

Atlantic 10 Conf All
Geo. Wash. 1-0 12-2
St. Joseph's 1-0 11-2
Dayton 1-0 11-2
St. Bonaventure 1-0 9-3
Rhode Island 1-0 9-5
VCU 1-0 9-5
UMass 1-0 8-5
Fordham 0-1 9-3
Duquesne 0-1 10-4
Davidson 0-1 8-4
Richmond 0-1 8-5
George Mason 0-1 6-8
Saint Louis 0-1 5-8
La Salle 0-1 4-7

From what I've seen St. Joe's, GW, Dayton and UR may be the best teams this season, but there may also be quite a bit of parity this year, and a battle for 3rd and 4th place, and with anyone having a chance (except GM and St.L. Our close loss to St. Joe's will likely start looking better and better, as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT