ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew White Sighting...

8legs

Star
Apr 5, 2004
I know there will be many who say Who Cares, but FYI I just happened to be channel surfing and caught most of the Cincinnati - Nebraska basketball game. AW III scored 8 points on 2 for 10 shooting with 4 turnovers in Nebraska's loss to the Bearcats. FWIW

So back in the day: Terry Henderson, Andrew White or Marshall Wood. Mmmmm ........ think I'll take Marshall. OSC

That's one game. I caught him in person at Villanova earlier this year. He had 18, was clearly the Huskers best player and Nova went to a gimmick defense to slow him down. There is no question in my mind he is a better, more complete player than Wood and would be our 2nd best player. If we could put him on the floor with Ta, TJ, SDJ and MW our offense would be something special.

Good kid, wish he was here and wish him well.

On a different player, did I see that ANO fouled out in 11 minutes against a non division 1 team a few games ago?

I'm glad that Wood chose to change his mind, and complete a do-over, by transferring to UR. Andrew White might have been able to contribute, with UR, but we will frankly never know.

FYI, I just checked ANO's stats at Pittsburgh, a team that is currently 4-0. Tonight, against Kent State his line was... 14 minutes and.....0-1 FG, and 1 foul. No rebounds, no blocks. His season stats, which are probably more meaningful: 9 minutes per game, 3 points and 3 rebounds, with 1.3 turnovers, and .8 blocks, and 2.8 fouls per game. His stats with us were significantly better. Anyone who was wondering if he would go on to star for Pitt (ACC) can breathe a sigh of relief. He is having the same issues there that he had here, except that he is playing less, and contributing less. A couple of posters have mentioned "addition by subtraction" when referencing ANO, and the supporting data for this allegation seems to be accumulating. I like the look and feel of the current Spider team much better than I liked last year's team, and so far am glad that ANO went looking for greener pastures, where he could prove how deserving he was of playing time. With Marshall Wood, we have addition by addition.

I'm glad that Wood chose to change his mind, and complete a do-over, by transferring to UR. Andrew White might have been able to contribute, with UR, but we will frankly never know.

FYI, I just checked ANO's stats at Pittsburgh, a team that is currently 4-0. Tonight, against Kent State his line was... 14 minutes and.....0-1 FG, and 1 foul. No rebounds, no blocks. His season stats, which are probably more meaningful: 9 minutes per game, 3 points and 3 rebounds, with 1.3 turnovers, and .8 blocks, and 2.8 fouls per game. His stats with us were significantly better. Anyone who was wondering if he would go on to star for Pitt (ACC) can breathe a sigh of relief. He is having the same issues there that he had here, except that he is playing less, and contributing less. A couple of posters have mentioned "addition by subtraction" when referencing ANO, and the supporting data for this allegation seems to be accumulating. I like the look and feel of the current Spider team much better than I liked last year's team, and so far am glad that ANO went looking for greener pastures, where he could prove how deserving he was of playing time. With Marshall Wood, we have addition by addition.
Looking at what he doing there I might agree. But looking at our change in defensive skill, I wonder how much is K0 and how much is ANO...

And now time to move forward...

I'm sure there will be some games where we miss Alonzo, but the rotation just seems to 'flow' better without him. And we still have big Paul to eat some minutes if we need him. He looked competent at Wake.

Too bad his team will be fighting to stay out of the B1G basement with Rutgers and Norwood-less Minnesota.

I wish Andrew was here. Caught him in person at Nova earlier in year. He was Nebraska's best player for sure and he played hard and was a good teammate. I think he might very well be our best player if he was here and he be no worse than our 2nd best.

But he's not here so all I can do is wish him well. I don't get why we need to try and convince each other it's a good thing he didn't come. If he was here, we'd be fawning all over him. But he didn't. We both move on.

Honestly, just like keeping up with Andrew as he was a local recruit and a really nice young man who almost came to UR. Don't see anything wrong with this and wish him nothing but the best except when playing against the Spiders. OSC

everyone knew he was going to be great and we hoped it would be here some day. staff did all they could and came close. but like every other recruiting miss, at some point it's time to close the door. took a long time with AW, but I think most of us have reached that point.

Its unfortunate he chose to attend Kansas and then transfer to Nebraska. I wish he got the opportunity to contribute to a team that has a chance of being successful. You would have to think with him at the 3 we would have made the NCAA tournament last year, and would have been able to better deal with Ced going down 2 years ago and stayed on the bubble then as well. Oh well.

Ulla, you are aware, that Rhode Island lost preseason all A-10 player, EC Mathews in there first game. I'm sure Rhode Island would not have been picked as highly if folks new he was not out for the year.

It is. He was fairly lightly recruited, as I recall. Not sure if we were in on him or not, but I don't remember ever hearing us mentioned. I was surprised when he signed with Charlotte because I didn't think he was going to get an offer from that type of program. His other offers were from smaller schools (Austin Peay, Longwood and Western Kentucky).

Well, Conference USA is a 1 bid league these days. Charlotte has gone down the crapper since they left the A-10, probably a lot of that had to do with going to CUSA.

This thread was looking a bit stale, so thought I'd bring it back to the top.

Just a few hours before tonight's deadline, Andrew pulled his name out of the draft, so he'll be back at Nebraska for one more year.

This thread was looking a bit stale, so thought I'd bring it back to the top.

Just a few hours before tonight's deadline, Andrew pulled his name out of the draft, so he'll be back at Nebraska for one more year.
The D League is full of Andrew Whites.

So you're saying we still have a chance?
I was thinking the very same thing, probably in the same contect.
350.png

You must have missed the original post by SFspidur that refreshed this thread...

You must have missed the original post by SFspidur that refreshed this thread...
Not really, T, wanted to document the investment UNeb has made in basketball and the important role AW was playing. He would have made a great Spider. OSC

Jon Rothstein reported that a source has told CBS Sports that Andrew White is transferring from Nebraska. Immediately eligible as a grad transfer.

Here we go again....

Reactions: Ram Bal
Hope he transfers to UR. But not sure he would have a position? Nice young man; wish him the best. Wow! OSC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT