ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew White Sighting...

He must be transferring either to play for a guaranteed tourney team or to be closer to home or play with his brother at UNCC. He already was the featured player at Nebraska.

Andrew is not making any friends in Nebraska. Sounds like the view of him at this point is that he's selfish and just trying to get to the NBA, not concerned about his team as much as what he can do to impress scouts. Sounds like he's looking for a bigger stage and guaranteed tourney appearance to showcase himself. We won't be in play.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Andrew is not making any friends in Nebraska. Sounds like the view of him at this point is that he's selfish and just trying to get to the NBA, not concerned about his team as much as what he can do to impress scouts. Sounds like he's looking for a bigger stage and guaranteed tourney appearance to showcase himself. We won't be in play.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share
Eight, we have no remaining schollies. OSC

Eight, we have no remaining schollies. OSC
I know that, but if he wanted to come here, one would open up. I'm just saying that he is looking for a bigger stage, again, apparently. (Technically Solly has not been admitted yet, though, so that one is open. And it's possible someone else could transfer out.)

Andrew was always chasing the best offer, when in reality the best fit was right at home. Do we even know if Bernard is coming?

Only way we have space is if one of our transfers does not make it

XC has no scholarships, but even if they did it would count as a basketball scholarship

I know Miami did it back with Butch Davis. Worked on on the field for them lol.

I have to see Bernard on campus to believe it. Wasn't he supposed to come earlier this week??

lol. what a long strange trip his college years have been. wish this transfer news came out before the Solly news, just to get us talking about the possibility one last time. biggest UR c-tease of all time.

Reactions: Eight Legger
That would be a total waste of a scholarship on AW. We are building a good core of players that are interested in team. He was never really interested in UR. Move on.

I just read an article about this latest mess for Andrew, and also listened to an internet sportscaster. I maintain, as I did when Andrew committed to Kansas AFTER the fall signing period years ago, that the young man has p%ss poor decision-making skills. Don't know if Dad is a problem here or not - although I would not be surprised to hear that he set up the chairs for Andrew to do chair drills in front of NBA scouts ;) http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_0c658d8c-3bec-11e6-af65-b71eb4d151cc.html

yeah, AW just made it easier on me that we never got him. no way would he have been a 4 year Spider. and leaving at the end of June is weak.

Noticed that VDU has a schollie available; AW would be a perfect fit. OSC

I don't think VCU has a shot either. Dad's only looking for a team from a P5 school that's in everybody's preseason Top 25. He's leaving a Big 12 school that projects to be top half of the conference to get more exposure. That means he wants to be on ESPN every night too. VCU can't offer any of that. He likely wants ACC or SEC.

Problem is that to meet what he wants, he has to find a Top 25ish team that has an open scholarship AND an open spot for him to play at the 2. Not sure many teams in Top 25 have some glaring hole at the 2. And if that exists, he has to hope they have a spot!

I think I came up with a landing spot. Our old buddy Shaka at Texas. He looks like a Top 25 team, but has more bigs than guards at his disposal I think and I'll just assume a relationship due to the Richmond connection.

If I had a good team, I don't think I'd want him. Its obvious he cares more about his own future than any team. He was already bitching at Nebraska about a bigger role despite taking more shots than anyone else on the team! I wouldn't want my upper echelon team screwed up by his agenda to show off for NBA scouts!

Last edited:
I think I came up with a landing spot. Our old buddy Shaka at Texas. He looks like a Top 25 team, but has more bigs than guards at his disposal I think and I'll just assume a relationship due to the Richmond connection.

If I had a good team, I don't think I'd want him. Its obvious he cares more about his own future than any team. He was already bitching at Nebraska about a bigger role despite taking more shots than anyone else on the team! I wouldn't want my upper echelon team screwed up by his agenda to show off for NBA scouts!
I

I don't think you announce a transfer in late June without already having some place in mind. I'm sure he found a good situation.

spiderman, you have a good point; he must have had a good idea where he was going. The Ulla is predicting VaTech. OSC

I'll say Memphis. they have a few nice pieces, but a lot of holes for Tubby to fill.

Looks like every ACC team except Duke and UVA have at least one scholie open. UNCC has two open, if he wants to play with his brother. Doesn't seem like that's the direction he wants to head, though.

He's got to play on a team and in a league which will help him get noticed in order to have a shot in the 2nd round of the 2017 draft.He's not a 1st rounder and 2nd round is his(and father's) only hope.

He's got to play on a team and in a league which will help him get noticed in order to have a shot in the 2nd round of the 2017 draft.He's not a 1st rounder and 2nd round is his(and father's) only hope.
Honestly, this is pretty sad. Wish Andrew and his Dad the best. OSC

I've tried to think about this as objectively as I can. If he has a serious shot at making millions playing basketball (which he obviously thinks he does, though apparently most NBA teams disagree right now) then he should do what it takes to get there. If I was 20ish and had a chance to chase that dream it's hard to say I wouldn't have done whatever it takes as well.

However, with that being said, he has gone about it all wrong and it seems like from several accounts it may be his father's guidance/push that's leading the way. In the end I'm glad he's not a Spider right now because as some have noted he probably wouldn't be for long. Plus I'm excited about who we have, which is a group of guys that seem to really want to be here and put UofR back on the map.

There's something to be said for being a great player on a good team if you hope to make the nba. It's one way to get there. Another is to show you can really play given a good opportunity which by all accounts he's demonstrated at Nebraska.

Feels like a dicey plan, I expect he has a landing spot identified.

Just a random thought, but does AW return to lead The Miller School to the state championship? OSC

And to think his dad would have been meddling around in our program. Drama Queens. I am really glad we filled our last schollie, so we don't have to entertain and speculate about AW anymore. He is a fantastic talent but clearly is in it for himself only at this point. Personally, I hope he falls flat on his face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT