ADVERTISEMENT

2022-2023 Season outlook

I mean, the system ranks Nelson behind Weaver and Arizin, so there's that. Not sure how it evaluates frosh who haven't played a game yet.

We're going to be skewed simply because we had so many super seniors taking up all of the minutes last year. Somebody has to step into the gap, and I'm sure they will.

Good interviews by both. Never gets old watching those 2 Matt Grace plays vs. dayton & davidson.

P.S. nobody check out Roche in the background shooting jumpers when Grace is talking. sman might lose it.
you just made me go back and re-watch it!
wish I didn't. full panic mode. lol

Goose so smooth on that lefty dunk, underscores exactly how athletic he is.
And knocking down 3's in the video too.

I didn't need the video - I still think Goose plays near 30 minutes a night.

And I think Grace starts the season as our starter over Quinn. Think its possible Quinn overtakes him as season progresses - but I think Grace gets the nod to open the season.

And I think Grace starts the season as our starter over Quinn. Think its possible Quinn overtakes him as season progresses - but I think Grace gets the nod to open the season.
every projection says Quinn and Grace both start at the 5 and 4 respectively.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
I know it is hard to figure that Goose will improve his 3 point shooting and scoring, but I think this interview underscores how it could happen:
1- Increased opportunity and role: his role was to play really good defense and chip in where he could on offense
2 - Comfort level - another year of experience, not needing to defer, and not being afraid to seek out his opportunities.
3 - practice. I know we don't like to think guys can improve shooting, but look at Cayo's FT's (prior to final year regression) , Jason Kidd is another guy who became a good shooter after not so good. Easier said than done, but is possible.

In any case, I agree that he will play big minutes because he impacts winning and he can defend.

Reactions: VT4700
every projection says Quinn and Grace both start at the 5 and 4 respectively.
My question is who starts the first half against VMI? Dji or Nelson?
I'm sure they will be pushing each other as the game and season goes on.
But how does Mooney start the season?

I'm also sure Roche, Crabtree, Bigelow, and Noyes will be pushing for time on the court.
While seeing Dread, Randolph or Walz would not surprise me....

Ok so 13 deep, lol.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
My question is who starts the first half against VMI? Dji or Nelson?
I'm sure they will be pushing each other as the game and season goes on.
But how does Mooney start the season?

I'm also sure Roche, Crabtree, Bigelow, and Noyes will be pushing for time on the court.
While seeing Dread, Randolph or Walz would not surprise me....

Ok so 13 deep, lol.
well, projections all say Nelson. they don't just make this stuff up. The Almanac claims to talk to each coach before publishing. they're getting guidance.

it certainly could change in the month leading up to the season, but I expect Nelson, Goose, Burton, Grace and Quinn on day 1.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
If he adds more arc on his shot more consistently, his shooting will improve.
Agreed but the question I would ask is his shot has been low arc for 4 years now, so why wasn't more arc added in Year 2, 3, or 4? And why suddenly in Year 5, would we think, yes, this is the year he will put a little more arc on it?

well, projections all say Nelson. they don't just make this stuff up. The Almanac claims to talk to each coach before publishing. they're getting guidance.

it certainly could change in the month leading up to the season, but I expect Nelson, Goose, Burton, Grace and Quinn on day 1.
Not sure if it’s settled yet but if I’m a betting man it’s prob this lineup…but we will see. Been some great battles. We should have an idea after Va Tech on Sunday.

Reactions: spiderman
Same guy who ranked our PG as the worst in the A-10. Setting himself up nicely for a lot of freezing cold takes from Spider fans.
I'm just wondering if that is LaSalle 55 on the A-10 board.

FYI Evan Miya is not the same guy. But someone who apparently uses solely the past stats...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT