ADVERTISEMENT

2021–22 Schedule News

It could be considered bad reporting to call "guarantee games" a "free live evaluation."

They're also called buy games for a reason.

There are a lot cheaper ways to evaluate a player.

Rothstein and Goodman are both clowns, but in defense of Rothstein, his tweet did say "mid-major," while Goodman cited a "low-major" AD as an apparent denunciation of Rothstein's info.
Goodman probably should have quoted a mid-major rather than a low-major, but that seems like nit-picking. It was apparent the "99% of us" was inclusive of mid-majors - basically anyone who would get offered a buy game and wouldn't turn it down. His point is still valid.

I would hope most mid-major programs - including ours - would say the same thing. We could certainly use the Quad 1 and Quad 2 games.

Reactions: Zeeter
Rothstein and Goodman are both clowns, but in defense of Rothstein, his tweet did say "mid-major," while Goodman cited a "low-major" AD as an apparent denunciation of Rothstein's info.

I think at least Goodman is self-aware of this and will goof and not take himself too seriously. Meanwhile Rothstein is under the impression that he is college basketball which is just preposterous

Reactions: SpiderDad75
I think at least Goodman is self-aware of this and will goof and not take himself too seriously. Meanwhile Rothstein is under the impression that he is college basketball which is just preposterous
Yeah, Rothstein is the butt of every joke among major college basketball reporters. His ego is quite healthy.

Besides, if a kid enters the transfer portal, what does it matter how he was "scouted?"

Take two players with near-identical talent at the mid-major level.
One plays for a program that is too chicken***t to schedule high-major opponents, their SOS suffers and they don't get an at-large chance and miss the NCAA, and they never get to showcase themselves to a wider audience.
The other plays for a program that schedules tough but smart, giving them an opportunity to play in some top arenas against high talent and more pro visibility, plus a legit shot each season at making the dance.
Which player do you think is more likely to transfer?

"Source: New Jersey Institute of Technology will begin a home and home this fall with Cal State San Luis Obispo."

If a kid at NJIT has a good season - given the current rules, he has every right to put his name in the portal. That just means the coach has to make a decision - try to re-recruit him and make him understand this is the best place for him, or let him go.

No different than a coach interviewing for bigger jobs. The current school has to decide - do we let the coach walk, or try to make him understand this is the best place for him.

Teams we might play or possibly play:
Non-conference based on history

Bucknell. Randolph-macon (Exhibition)
ODU
JMU.
Wake forest
Radford
VMI
Wofford
Longwood

Teams we might play or possibly play:
Non-conference based on history

Bucknell. Randolph-macon (Exhibition)
ODU
JMU.
Wake forest
Radford
VMI
Wofford
Longwood
“Teams we might play or possibly play:
Non-conference based on history” (having played them in Nov or Dec in the last 16 years)

UVA
Louisville
Memphis
Mississippi ST
Florida
South Carolina
Purdue
Arizona ST
Illinois
Kansas
UNC
NC State
West Virginia
Texas Tech
Maryland
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Auburn
Alabama
Kentucky

Assuming we still have Colorado State as past of the MWC-A10 these are the OOC teams I’ve seen as possibilities for the schedule (with last years RPI). I’m not sure where I read about Furman so unsure about that one.

Home
ODU (62)
Toledo (75)
Bucknell (191)
W&M (201)

Away
Colorado State (40)
Furman (83)
Wofford (84)
UNI (202)
Charleston (267)

Anyone have more solid info?

Very nice pick-up for the schedule. No idea what NC State is looking like this year, but they are a solid ACC program and should allow us a Quad 2 possible Quad 1 opportunity.
They have a ton of guards but lost some guys to transfer portal…partly bc they have a ton of guards 😁 and some others had off the court issues. They should be fairly solid though and a good game for us.

Reactions: urfan1
NC State game in Charlotte is official.

Last edited:
NC State game in Charlotte is official.

“Being in Charlotte and an area that is filled with St. Bonaventure alumni, we look forward to playing in an arena full of Brown and White,” Schmidt said.

Hmm. Who knew Charlotte was a hotbed of Bona grads??

Four feet? That's a mild winter.

Let's just say there was much rejoicing when Wegmans came to the Triangle, and Charlotte is looking longingly in our direction.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Pretty quick turnaround we'll have with ODU on Dec 19. You'd like another day in there after coming back from Charlotte but obv not something you turn down, gotta make it work.

Reactions: urfan1
Our A10 schedule is absurdly favorable for an aspiring tournament team. Home and homes against the top 3 teams (besides us) home games against most of the middle of the pack teams. Away games against most of the bottom tier teams.

Our A10 schedule is absurdly favorable for an aspiring tournament team. Home and homes against the top 3 teams (besides us) home games against most of the middle of the pack teams. Away games against most of the bottom tier teams.
I mostly agree. But will SLU be better than UD by October?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT