ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Signees

If you read Thyrick Pitts Jr's Twitter from last night he says that a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders and an hour later Fontel Mines tweeted that we got our guy. Plus Pitts said he would make a decision by Labor Day weekend. Don't want to make any assumptions, just saying this might be what Fontel's tweet was referencing.

17-

Law and Order SVU series is looking for new detectives.Your resume has been sent to the producers.Wait for the call.

Reactions: spiderstudent17
Has he committed to us? Can anyone verify this?
'05 has him listed as a UR commit on the home page. Rivals has him listed as a Richmond commit.

CrmjAFUWYAA7wnm.jpg

CrmjAJUWEAEtxMZ.jpg

Bunch of other guys have also committed elsewhere. I went through and updated the list.

I'd like to see us get some more guys in the trenches--both sides of the ball.

Believe Rivals aggregates post counts across its various forums. fs is a good guy and happy to have him pop in from time to time, but I don't think he's posted here 1700 times...lol.

Please don't misunderstand my post. I was simply ribbing fs about Will Kiely and the Griffins landing one of our offerees.
I, too, appreciate his posts because, unlike most posts (not all) on this board by posters from other schools, his (assuming fs is male) are never ill-natured and always informative.

As I recall fs is a former Tribe football player -- loves the sport and the rivalry

Give fs a break he is a knowledgeable fan and a good guy. You also have to remember that the Tribe football program has not beaten us at much of anything lately,

Hanover's Cheatham re-opens recruitment
BY TIM PEARRELL Richmond Times-Dispatch|September 19, 2016
57d2f3c8130f5.image.jpg

Hanover quarterback Clayton Cheatham is re-opening his recruitment after originally planning to become a preferred walk-on at the University of Virginia.

"I want to evaluate all my options and make a decision further down the line," Cheatham wrote on Twitter.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound senior is a physical ballcarrier who averaged 153 yards rushing as a sophomore, when he was second-team All-Metro. Cheatham missed eight games with an injury last season. He committed to U.Va. in June.

In three games this season, he is 31 of 78 passing for 418 yards, with three touchdowns and six interceptions, and has run for 381 yards and six touchdowns.

Reactions: iSpider
Hanover's Cheatham re-opens recruitment
BY TIM PEARRELL Richmond Times-Dispatch|September 19, 2016
57d2f3c8130f5.image.jpg

Hanover quarterback Clayton Cheatham is re-opening his recruitment after originally planning to become a preferred walk-on at the University of Virginia.
"I want to evaluate all my options and make a decision further down the line," Cheatham wrote on Twitter.
The 6-foot-2, 220-pound senior is a physical ballcarrier who averaged 153 yards rushing as a sophomore, when he was second-team All-Metro. Cheatham missed eight games with an injury last season. He committed to U.Va. in June.
In three games this season, he is 31 of 78 passing for 418 yards, with three touchdowns and six interceptions, and has run for 381 yards and six touchdowns.

I know that he was offered initially by UR and JMU. Do you know of anyone else who was pursuing him?

We had at least two guys on campus for the game yesterday:
  • Jesiah Carlton

• He is an OLB from Reagan HS in Pfafftown, NC. He has offers from Western Carolina and Elon. He does not appear to have an offer from UR yet.

• Robert Riddle

• QB from McCallie HS in Chattanooga, TN....a place the Spiders are familiar with.

Looks a lot like Lauletta in the way he plays.

Spoke with him quickly last night. He's still looking for an offer from UR, so both were on unofficial visits. Will be names to keep in mind though as we get closer to NSD.

Jesiah mentioned that he felt UR was a better fit for him than either of his two current offers. Imagine the staff would get a quick commit out of him if they offered.

Love the way he gets the ball to the target, especially on punts. He seems to have a very good and quick snap on FGs and PATs as well. He also has the size to play the line and seems fairly aggressive on defense as well.
This young man would be a perfect fit at UR for the next few years. I hope he values a world-class educational experience and becomes a Spider. Also offered by the Pukes.

First half of senior year highlights

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT