-----------------------------------

Nate Evans,RB/CB,Lee Davis HS,Mechanicsville,Va
5-9,192

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3354495/nathan-evans

--------------------------------------

Ben Page,DE,Marist High School,Atlanta,Ga
6-3,220

Last edited:
what influence, CM, needs you and SPIDERDOG, glad he is still alive and kicking, could maybe close some deals for him.

Marcus is a game changer who can play multiple positions from perennial power Damascus HS of Montgomery County,MD.Welcome aboard to you and your family.

From write up last August,2015

ATH, #16 Markus Vinson (JR.)

Photo courtesy of Markus Vinson.

Dynamic weapons Jalen Christian and La’Kye Alston both have graduated, serving as key offensive threats during their time at Damascus.

Both were speedsters and gave the Swarmin’ Hornets offense a wrinkle of trickery with designed end around’s, bubble screens and wildcat formation based plays.

Eric Wallich has his exact guy to fill the void this season that was left by Alston and Christian: Markus Vinson. The reason why I have Vinson labeled as an “ATH” (athlete) is because he won’t be playing any one position for an entire game.

Instead he’ll be playing a handful of positions. Such as taking carries out of the backfield as a running back, running routes as a receiver, catching short bubble screens in the slot and possibly even some snaps at quarterback in a wildcat-like formation. He will also be the Swarmin’ Hornets primary kick and punt returner.

Vinson is the best athlete on this Damascus team and compliments the powerful Funk very nicely. He runs a blazing 4.41 40-yard dash and will be the fastest kid majority of the time he is on the field.

Vinson’s versatility and athleticism should give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares. Expect to see Vinson take a Jalen Christian type role as he should blossom into a household name for Damascus this season.

Projected stats: 600 rushing yards, 5 rushing touchdowns, 450 receiving yards, 6 receiving touchdowns, 3 kick-return touchdowns

Two awesome gets for the football program next year--Coach Rocco getting it done again! It was probably the article on what he has in his office that clinched it!

Our future QB's and RB's are gonna love this guy at 6-6,315.He'll be their guest at many a steak dinner...BTW,South Lakes is Grant Hill's high school.

Last edited:
SF - Thanks for doing an awesome job on this thread! Small request - since our commits are starting to add up, could you number them? Thanks!

Done. Still need to fill out a bit more info on each of the guys, but haven't had a chance to do it yet.

More on Ben Page

PSTYSFNUALXZCQR.20121113192755.jpg

Ben Page Commits to Richmond

Richmond picked up a big commitment yesterday night when impressive pass rusher Ben Page committed to the Spiders. Page, a freshly minted senior at Marist HS, took to Twitter to announce his decision.

Page started to receive interest early on this spring and his first offer came around early May from Lindwood University. The Marist senior camped at various schools this summer including: Boston College, West Georgia, LaGrange, and last, but certainly not least, Richmond.

Page received an offer from the Spiders a few days after an impressive showing at their camp on July 16. The Marist pass-rushed looked exceptionally good in 1 v 1’s, using his speed and quick hands to easily get around offensive lineman at the camp.

Page spoke about why he ultimately chose the Spiders, “I loved the academic opportunities along with the chance to play for a great program that’s is ranked #1 in the preseason rankings for the CAA!”

The class of ’17 prospect is 6’3″ and weighs around 220 pounds. Richmond landed a player with a really high motor and will chase after the ball like his hair is on fire until the whistle is blown. Page is a ball-magnet and does a great job of setting the edge to stop the run.

After finally ending his recruitment, Page had one last remark. “It feels awesome to be committed to Richmond,” he said emphatically.

According the 247 sports, Page is the 2nd commitment for Richmond in the class of ’17 and the first from Georgia.

Last edited:
Our future QB's and RB's are gonna love this guy at 6-6,315.He'll be their guest at many a steak dinner...BTW,South Lakes is Grant Hill's high school.

Please don't misunderstand and think I'm being negative. Not the case at all.
But, they say in basketball recruiting "you can't teach height" and they say in football you can't teach
size" when it comes to linemen. Why is that this kid wasn't recruited at the FBS level?

Lee-Davis' Evans headed to Richmond
BY ERIC KOLENICH Richmond Times-Dispatch|5 hours ago
563431c33f920.image.jpg

Nate Evans, an All-Metro running back from Lee-Davis, has made an oral commitment to the University of Richmond. Evans (5-foot-10, 190 pounds) rushed for 1,618 and scored 27 touchdowns as a junior in 2015, earning first-team honors.

He liked Richmond's academic expectations, its high level of competition at the Division I Football Championship Subdivision level, and the offense's similarity to Lee-Davis' scheme.

"Basically when I arrived on campus, they had completely open arms to me and my family and made me feel at home," Evans said. "It was kind of like a perfect fit."

Evans had previously committed to Navy, but he reopened his recruitment this summer.

He played a big part of Lee-Davis' turnaround last year. The Confederates went from 2-8 in 2014 to 8-2 in 2015. Now Lee-Davis will breaks in a new quarterback, and Evans will look to carry the offense.

"Last year we changed the culture around here," he said. "We want to continue that."

i, if you read the article that A posted yesterday, indicated that he and his family sat down and did some discussing and thinking. could be anything but committing to a service academy is way different than doing the same at a regular university, you owe uncle sam 5 years or so after graduating, all cadets, midshipmen, etc., are paid there and if you depart, you owe that money back in many instances, your summers are taken up by naval or army activities as you determine what military career you want ( air, subs, computers, seals, etc.), your life off the football field is pretty regimented. certainly not for everyone and maybe he just decided it was not for him the more he and his family thought about it. could be as simple as he has a local girlfriend, who knows. sure am glad that he chose us once he decided to open his recruitment again. great job by our staff, once again.

Probably project him as a DE for the Spiders? Guy's a physical beast already. At 6-6, probably going to add some weight and put him on the line.

He was clocked as the fastest TE at Duke's camp. His frame appears as though he could add additional weight with little problem. Could be a real nice rush end for us.

I'm planning on putting up an article tonight.

A Fontel Mines tweet tonight seems to suggest that we landed another commit. Can anyone find anything?

A Fontel Mines tweet tonight seems to suggest that we landed another commit. Can anyone find anything?

I saw that last night, quickly looked this morning and couldn't find anything. Was hoping one of you all did. Clues within the likes and retweets but nothing definitive yet. Perhaps a recruit not on Twitter (rare) or wanted to let other coaches know of his decision first?

If you read Thyrick Pitts Jr's Twitter from last night he says that a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders and an hour later Fontel Mines tweeted that we got our guy. Plus Pitts said he would make a decision by Labor Day weekend. Don't want to make any assumptions, just saying this might be what Fontel's tweet was referencing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT