ADVERTISEMENT

Withers: "Hatred Talk"

What kind of name is "Vad" anyway? Is this guy a cyborg or something?

We are going to smoke these losers.

Zero class from Withers. Can you imagine Rocco or Laycock saying that there was hatred in their rivalry and the UR-WM rivalry is decades older than UR-JMU. Now we may know one of the reasons why he got let go at UNC and almost fired at OSU. Players are usually are a reflection of their coaches. If this is true, look for lots of taunting and jibber jabbber on the field sat. Hope not, but he is surely creating that kind of atmosphere.

32 I always appreciate the info you provide. Lavaedeay Monlique Lee is his full name. He is having a big time year and has been better than advertised. I am really looking forward to the game. I think Spiders win 31-20.

I have come to the conclusion that many on this board despise me and inwardly hope I die of a second heart attack or succumb to a second bout of cancer.

Having said this all I can say is ......Spiders beat those sleazy bastards from JMU!

If you listed to the whole interview, by "they" he is talking about the "fans and the media" talking about "rivalry and hatred". And then he goes on to say he doesn't care about any of that stuff and its just another game for the team to try to improve.
It was in response to a question about the rivalry.

No disrespecting Richmond or referencing any hatred by him or the team at all - in fact, it was quite the opposite.

Seems like you guys are actually proving his point, especially Front Royal.

So many JMU-Richmond games have come to be important games for one or both of the teams seasons - this one is no different.
So many of these games have come down to the wire - and I expect this one to be no different.

I hear Strauss is practicing w/ the first team this week. I hope that its the case and he's able to play. It would be a shame that such a talented kid would have to sit out the last half of his senior season.

Also a shame that our Deane Cheatham is out for the season, particularly entering the only game he would have played in his home town. But at least he's a junior and will be back next season.

Here's to a great game and hopefully a Dukes Victory!

Even reading just what was in the article, it was clear he was downplaying the rivalry talk. You ticks should work on your reading comprehension.

This post was edited on 11/12 8:49 AM by DirtyDukes

Hey DD, your hole getting a little tight? Snooping around on our board.

No, I just relish opportunities to point out how low the basic level of reading comprehension is among RU fans. I really thought you guys were smarter than that?

Candidly, i did watch the interview and didn't find anything wrong with what he said but hoped it would lure in a troll or two. I'm glad my fishing skills still work.

Has a point spread been posted yet?

Yeah, getting a little tight. The irony of all ironies, a Duke questioning the reading skills of a Spider.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
Candidly, i did watch the interview and didn't find anything wrong with what he said but hoped it would lure in a troll or two. I'm glad my fishing skills still work.

Has a point spread been posted yet?
Radio this morning said -7 UR. I'd run away from that.

To Dirty Duke. FYI : Your Spider abbreviation , RU , is a misnomer. RU stands for Radford University. As far as I know, this Saturday, you will have the distinct honor of playing and losing to UR, The University of Richmond.

DD at least we got past the 4th grade reading comprehension test unlike those who have attended such find institutions as UNC. Oh yes Withers wanted to be some where he felt comfortable with the academic environment.

Classic backtracking! I would have done the same if I had realized I misread something completely.

Re: Withers: "Hatred Talk"[/URL]CarolinaSpider posted on 11/12/2014...
DD at least we got past the 4th grade reading comprehension test unlike those who have attended such find institutions as UNC. Oh yes Withers wanted to be some where he felt comfortable with the academic environment.

I learned how to check my spelling in 4th grade, too. And I don't think Withers attended UNC? Neither did I, so I'm not sure why you even brought that up.

This post was edited on 11/12 11:03 AM by DirtyDukes

No DD he did not go to UNC but if you keep up with current events or know the bio of your coach, you would have realized
I was referring to him coaching there!

Originally posted by CarolinaSpider:
No DD he did not go to UNC but if you keep up with current events or know the bio of your coach, you would have realized
I was referring to him coaching there!
Then why did you say "like those who attended there" after calling UNC a "find institution?"

Yawn. I was hoping for better from you guys.

DirtyDukes unless you are a JMU cheerleader there is no reason to hijack that nickname.

DD you came on the board without an invitation and you sound like a nerve was struck, well excuse me for offending your level of intelligence. My point is Withers must be coaching JMU cause his comfort level with the type of athlete he can recruit is similar to what he recruited at UNC. I cannot blame him for seeking a college of such a FINE reputation, can you?

Originally posted by CarolinaSpider:
DD you came on the board without an invitation and you sound like a nerve was struck, well excuse me for offending your level of intelligence. My point is Withers must be coaching JMU cause his comfort level with the type of athlete he can recruit is similar to what he recruited at UNC. I cannot blame him for seeking a college of such a FINE reputation, can you?
You've yet to insult me at all, but I know you're trying hard, so I appreciate it. He hasn't had a chance to recruit anything other than transfer at this point, but I'm pretty happy with those. Wait til you meet our "Cyborg" Vad.

giphy.gif

Peg Leg Strauss is better then "Cyborg Vad" any day of the week!

This post was edited on 11/12 5:54 PM by CarolinaSpider

Juris Spider for years some JMUers refer to Richmond as RU instead of UR. I guess they consider it an insult. Probably the same reason they call Robins Stadium the Bread Box. What do you expect from these clueless purple idiots ?

Run the ball 20 times, throw to the TE/RB 10 times, throw to wide outs 20 times, play good D , win guaranteed, ain't rocket science

Originally posted by DirtyDukes:
No, I just relish opportunities to point out how low the basic level of reading comprehension is among RU fans. I really thought you guys were smarter than that?
The fact that you think University of Richmond is abbreviated RU proves your lack of reading comprehension.

Also, you should know RU is Radford, you probably applied there

Originally posted by SpiderFan26:

The fact that you think University of Richmond is abbreviated RU proves your lack of reading comprehension.

Also, you should know RU is Radford, you probably applied there
tumblr_mtfioaw3GL1s5e5bko1_500.gif

6srX6in.jpg

Your Vadborg doesn't look too mobile. I think we're going to abort his mission and cause him to self-destruct.

Originally posted by Eight Legger:
Your Vadborg doesn't look too mobile. I think we're going to abort his mission and cause him to self-destruct.
He's twice as mobile as Rodney Landers, y'all remember him, right?

Sounds familiar. He was that guy who lost a home game in the playoffs and failed to get his team to the national championship game that we won, right?

Sounds familiar. He was that guy who lost a home game in the playoffs and failed to get his team to the national championship game that we won, right?
This might help your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4app9RGxXw

This might help your memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4app9RGxXw
Thanks, Eight Legger was right. That was definitely the year we won the title.

I also do remember the #1 team doing this at home

Landers ran all over you guys. So will Vad Lee. And on the off chance that Strauss does play (not happening), do you really think his mobility will be normal? Why would you guys even play him? If you lose to us but beat W&M you've got a great chance at an at Large. Would you really risk re-injury just for a rivalry game? Come on. Strauss isn't playing.

I don't think we get an at-large with a loss. We would be the 4th CAA team at that point, assuming yall beat Towson (not difficult). Theres a chance but not sure losing 2 out of last 3 and 4th in conference gets us in

Originally posted by SpiderFan26:
I don't think we get an at-large with a loss. We would be the 4th CAA team at that point, assuming yall beat Towson (not difficult). Theres a chance but not sure losing 2 out of last 3 and 4th in conference gets us in
You guys will have a win over ranked Nova, W&M, Liberty (was Albany ranked when y'all played them?), and will have 8 wins and 3 eligible (I-AA) losses. I know the CAA has fallen but no way does that not get you into a 24 team field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT