• George Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Davidson

• Lasalle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can’t believe the number of people that voted for St Bonny.
Let’s face it we were all really surprised when Richmond lost to them last year. Spiders were clearly the better team, but our team let it get away. I expected Richmond to go 2-0 against them this year on way to a regular season A10 championship.

Last edited:
Early on after 20 votes. It's a tie between Richmond and St.Bonaventure. Thought more VCU trolls would show up.

SBU is going to be a very interesting case study this year. I don't think I've ever heard of a team returning its entire starting five but losing literally everyone else, which is the case with them. They had a ton of guys leave for one reason or another. Very odd. But their starters are used to playing a lot anyway, and I suspect the new reserves they have will be well-coached and talented enough to fill in. We have more talent than they do, but they are better-coached and seem to avoid the banana-peel games. We, unfortunately, do not.

Reactions: Long Island Spiders
Schmidt has done a good job there, but has a losing record against Mooney, and hard to say they avoid banana peel games when they have lost to 12-20 Canisius and 13-19 Niagara the last few years.

As for their starters playing a lot of minutes, no doubt, they play more than anybody. Last year, they had the fewest bench minutes in the country by far. I don't have a problem with that at all, but the way our board gets on Mooney for not using his bench, you would think there would be a little less praise for Schmidt on this board.

Last edited:
I think you'd have to admit we've had more banana-peel games recently than they have...like losing at home to St. Joe's on the last game of the regular season and costing ourselves a top-4 seed in the tourney.

I can’t believe the number of people that voted for St Bonny.
Let’s face it we were all really surprised when Richmond lost to them last year. Spiders were clearly the better team, but our team let it get away. I expected Richmond to go 2-0 against them this year on way to a regular season A10 championship.
I don't think we were clearly the better team last year. Both teams were pretty good, and both should be real good this year. They have a lot of talent, so it doesn't surprise me if people pick them to win the conference.

I think you'd have to admit we've had more banana-peel games recently than they have...like losing at home to St. Joe's on the last game of the regular season and costing ourselves a top-4 seed in the tourney.
I can definitely admit that one stunk big time.

I am going with the adage the third time is the charm. The good news is that the experts are picking the Bonnie’s which gives the super seniors a target. Tons of experience the last two seasons and a bunch of depth with experience in the program give the Spiders the edge.

Francis landed on his back and Golden had a broken finger. I like Goose and Matt as much as the next guy, but there was a big drop off. and we were a fraction of a second from OT.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Francis landed on his back and Golden had a broken finger. I like Goose and Matt as much as the next guy, but there was a big drop off. and we were a fraction of a second from OT.
Yes, but we still had Jacob. We still had Nate. We still had Tyler. Injuries stink, and they will always affect a club, but we needed to find a way to win that game. And should have done so.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
Yes, but we still had Jacob. We still had Nate. We still had Tyler. Injuries stink, and they will always affect a club, but we needed to find a way to win that game. And should have done so.
fair enough, but they were a different team when they got Daly back. Funk and Daly can play. they beat Dayton a week before us. they won 4 of their last 5. we're not such a powerhouse that we can lose guys like Golden and Francis with no effect.

Man I can’t wait for another DEEP run in the nit this year. We’ll be talking about this season for YEARS to come. Might as well hang the banner now. Y’all aren’t really doing this to yourselves again are you?

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Man I can’t wait for another DEEP run in the nit this year. We’ll be talking about this season for YEARS to come. Might as well hang the banner now. Y’all aren’t really doing this to yourselves again are you?
For VT, that was 2010.

Not only that, but every post of his criticizes our program.
I find myself in the untenable position of having to concur with the objective reality of relative ncaa success at vt vs ur of late.

My next two post are salty jokes I cant hold in, not to be taken seriously…

And, many VT fans still talk about their NIT championship in the 70s because they have never made any real noise in the big dance. Did you know that VT and Kansas St are the only 2 power conference schools who don't have a national championship in ANY sport? LOL.

And, many VT fans still talk about their NIT championship in the 70s because they have never made any real noise in the big dance. Did you know that VT and Kansas St are the only 2 power conference schools who don't have a national championship in ANY sport? LOL.
Man oh man. What kind of a VT fan are you?:)

Gonna disclose my vote. I voted for us to win the league. I think we have by far the deepest and most talented team in the league. I know St. Bonnie is getting all the love but put these two teams side by side on paper and I don't think it that close. I guess our questions marks are does this team gel because Bonnie returns most of their players and already has shown what they can do (and similarly, we showed last year what we couldn't do with this talent.

I may eat this, but I think many prognasticators look at Francis leaving as our leading scorer and seeing that as big hit, I don't think it is nearly as big as they think it is. I think having Sherod back is huge as well for us.

nothing for anyone to disclose the votes r all visible. But I dig the justifications!

Surprising to see that after the two of us, no one really thinks much of the rest of the league. I assumed SLU, VCU and Davidson would be higher in the power rankings, at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT