ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Bigelow end up ranking in our most impactful transfers ever?

Roche probably will be the most impactful because he has three years here, while Quinn and Bigelow only have two. And by the time he graduates, we are going to see a 10-three-pointer game from Roche, I have little doubt.
It will be his first, although last season he had games of:
7 of 10
7 of 13
8 of 14
9 of 15

He won’t be anywhere near the top cause our teams won’t be good. He won’t see the ncaa tourney in a Richmond jersey. He’ll be on the same level as Marshall Wood

He won’t be anywhere near the top cause our teams won’t be good. He won’t see the ncaa tourney in a Richmond jersey. He’ll be on the same level as Marshall Wood
You might want to sit this one out. These were some of your posts from last spring:

2/19/2022: "I hope we drop all the remanning games to be honest. This team isn't going anywhere and more losses means more credibility on CM"

2/24/2022: "This is what I'm expecting as well. I think GW was our last win of the year."

3/10/2022: "We all Richmond Fans on this board. We have to be realistic about this squad. Theres no way they beat VCU, might as well lose to URI (it would put more pressure on Mooney too). Also, wouldn't be as embarrassing as getting killed by VCU (again)"

You might want to sit this one out. These were some of your posts from last spring:

2/19/2022: "I hope we drop all the remanning games to be honest. This team isn't going anywhere and more losses means more credibility on CM"

2/24/2022: "This is what I'm expecting as well. I think GW was our last win of the year."

3/10/2022: "We all Richmond Fans on this board. We have to be realistic about this squad. Theres no way they beat VCU, might as well lose to URI (it would put more pressure on Mooney too). Also, wouldn't be as embarrassing as getting killed by VCU (again)"

Yeah Gilly and co carried us to the tourney somehow. And this year we retained our best player (go could to the nba) and we 5-6 with some terrible losses. Plus we almost lost to rhody don’t act like last year’s team was elite all year. Chris got bailed out by his players. This year shows how good of a coach Chris is.

• Sad
Reactions: plydogg
Who recruited these players? What is the goal? For the players to play well, or play poorly?
It is not hard to recruit to Richmond for the love of Christ. People make this narratives. yes, gpa requirements are something that Richmond pinpoints more than others schools but they still got tremendous facilities and resources. Also, let’s talk about the talent mooney has brought in. Kendall Anthony, Shawn Dre Jones, Blake Francis and tj cline to include a few. You know one thing these guys got in common? No ncaa tourneys. Chris can get talent, but can’t win consistently with it. Stop defending this bozo please

It is not hard to recruit to Richmond for the love of Christ. People make this narratives. yes, gpa requirements are something that Richmond pinpoints more than others schools but they still got tremendous facilities and resources. Also, let’s talk about the talent mooney has brought in. Kendall Anthony, Shawn Dre Jones, Blake Francis and tj cline to include a few. You know one thing these guys got in common? No ncaa tourneys. Chris can get talent, but can’t win consistently with it. Stop defending this bozo please
It also takes more than just bringing talent to win at a school like Richmond. You have to be a good coach. Mooney is like the 8th best coach in the conference

LOL. Couldn't win with Blake??? I enjoy some back and forth sometimes, but when someone says Mooney didn't win with Blake Francis, I will politely be done here.

LOL. Couldn't win with Blake??? I enjoy some back and forth sometimes, but when someone says Mooney didn't win with Blake Francis, I will politely be done here.
Dude he was one of the better transfers Mooney pulled in it’s not like I said Wayne sparrow so stop acting like Blake wasn’t good. He was our leading scorer that year (yes he shot the ball a lot but still was a solid player for us) Plus that team BLAKE was on was supposed to win the a10 and get an at large bid, but instead they got the 8th seed in the tourney and lost to DUQUESNE. Like what are we doing here?!?!?! You also had no response for any of the other names so please stop it.

• Sad
OK. Sucked in. I'll be the unpopular poster on this subject.

Believe we would have been a better team without Blake. I know. I know. He was fearless. He was also reckless. Jacked it up more than anyone else on the team while having among the worse shooting percentages. Leading the team in scoring for 2 years - understandable when you take it upon yourself to take the most shots - many at inappropriate times and at ridiculous odds.

IMO he cribbed the development of other players who went on to an A-10 Tourny Championship last year. Admire his fire and effort, not convinced that outweighed his negatives.

Believe we would have been a better team without Blake. I know. I know. He was fearless. He was also reckless. Jacked it up more than anyone else on the team while having among the worse shooting percentages. Leading the team in scoring for 2 years - understandable when you take it upon yourself to take the most shots - many at inappropriate times and at ridiculous odds.

IMO he cribbed the development of other players who went on to an A-10 Tourny Championship last year. Admire his fire and effort, not convinced that outweighed his negatives.
Agree and disagree with some of the points. Yes, he did shoot the ball a lot and some of those were stupid shots, but he also won us some games (such as @davidson which was huge). Also he didn’t cribbed the development of anyone, this team was old when he got there all juniors and above (minus Burton who was looking like a star in the making, which came out to be true) the whole point is being missed because of one name, the point is even with all the elite talent Mooney has gotten, he can’t consistently win

He lost us some games too. Gilly deferred too much to Blake. Much more assertive without him which he was capable of the 2 years Blake was a Spider. Take Gilly over Blake today and all day tomorrow. Played a lot smarter and more team oriented.

He lost us some games too. Gilly deferred too much to Blake. Much more assertive without him which he was capable of the 2 years Blake was a Spider. Take Gilly over Blake today and all day tomorrow. Played a lot smarter and more team oriented
Oh 100% gilly over Blake. I never hinted at Blake being better and it’s a crime gilly only made the tourney once do to poor coaching. My point is being lost with this segment

We've hashed this out many times before here. There's there's no denying that he had his positives and negatives.

But to me there's also no denying that the core group (Gilyard, Golden, Sherod, Gustavson...) had not won much until the year Blake started playing. You can go back and look at their cumulative record with and without Blake there's no doubt that he made a big difference. Those teams didn't really have an alpha dog (Gilly became that but wasnt really at the time) and Blake filled that role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT