ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard, Jordan King!

Approved by Spider23 :):):):)

I am always one to get enamored with highlights, so may as well jump on the bandwagon.

He appears to play with a chip on his shoulder, and high confidence. Smaller version of Blake Francis someone mentioned?

DEEP range. Very good at shot off the dribble it appears, which is something we need.

Excellent pick up.

His highlights reminded me most of Shawndre Jones. Esp his step back and release on jumpers. Tho higher arc it seemed.

Reactions: spiderman
I like this pick-up, seems to be an upgrade that is much needed - albeit only 1-year.

I see potential to help Bailey and Quinn the most. Opens it up a bit for Quinn, and takes a little pressure off of Bailey to score. King primary scorer, Bailey primary backcourt defender. Could also help Roche, unless King takes Roche's minutes.

As stated, the more scoring threats you put on the floor alongside Roche, the more it will open it up for him to get shots off.

I'm already wanting to see some Quinn, Bigelow, Noyes, Bailey, and King. Nice blend of scoring, defense, and rebounding. I really want to see Noyes get a decent amount of floor time.

everyone with an opinion thinks it's the truth.
but I have facts to back it up. Look at the seasons between 2010-11 to 2021-22. TJ Cline, Kendall Anthony, Shawndre Jones and Kwan Fore. These are some of the spiders legends from those years and none of them made a tournament. Mooney underperformed those years, Thats a fact, not an opinion.

Reactions: SpiderK
you can call it an act but I'm spitting the truth. History repeats itself and under the Mooney cycle, we aren't due for another tourney until 9 years
I agree with your Mooney assessment 100%. He will muck it up, history makes that a certainty. The question is to what degree? Time will tell.

Even in spite of Mooney, this pickup is a huge net positive for 2024 Spiders

I agree with your Mooney assessment 100%. He will muck it up, history makes that a certainty. The question is to what degree? Time will tell.

Even in spite of Mooney, this pickup is a huge net positive for 2024 Spiders
I just don't see a high ceiling under his coaching philosophy. Were haven't seen a really good team since 2010-11 and 2011-12. Those teams didn't need a miracle run in march to make the tournament. They made their reputation in the regular season. Last year was the worst a10 in years and we arguably had one of the best players in conference and still finished 12th.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
So he's a true point guard, which I assume means Smith is not going to see a lot of action, or ...?

In terms of next year, King will be a much better option than Jaynel as our starting PG. And if Trevor Smith is our long term answer at the PG, this could work out, allowing Trevor to play back up next year and then can take the reigns the following year. Great pick-up.

Pretty clear, Jaynel saw the writing on the wall, that we were going to get a starter level PG transfer in the portal and his minutes and role were going to take a dive.

Turning the keys of our offense over to an incoming freshman was a mistake last year, think it would have been a mistake this year. Hopefully, Smith sees the opportunity to be the man starting his sophomore year and that is a good thing for him and his development.

Hasn't always been a mistake tho. I like this pickup, King looks like a player. But we also need freshman to come in a play and have big roles too. because we need it pretty badly. Some answers on roster r returning but it's not a lot. It's not a bad thing when a frosh can come in & really deserve PT, it means we hit on a frosh recruit which we haven't done in way too long.

Really like this pickup!

Very quick first step, deep range and a great handle.

Backcourt turnovers, shooting and ballhandling was a giant issue last year, hoping he’s the answer for next season.

Reactions: nathanw19
Three guesses. First two don’t count.

SF this may be a dumb question bc obviously I look at Twitter but where do u find that, like who has been blocked etc.

not very cool of Mani which is my easy guess. mani u don't have to like Mooney u have company there but no reason to take it out on King who has chosen to be a Spider. & I realize we all have names here like GKiller but idk when u create a handle based off a made up Depaul player from a video game u play....

Love shooters, and especially ones that can create their own. Badly needed on our squad. Welcome aboard Jordan!!!

You can’t see who has blocked who. I’m just going off Mani saying Jordan blocked him.

Anyway, agreed, no Mooney fan here either, but the schtick is friggin annoying and incessant.

Thx so it was a dumb question. I can admit it even tho I tell my mom there r no dumb questions when she keeps asking how to talk on her cell phone while simultaneously looking up a text or email.

• Haha
Reactions: SpiderDad75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT