ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard, Jordan King!

SF this may be a dumb question bc obviously I look at Twitter but where do u find that, like who has been blocked etc.

not very cool of Mani which is my easy guess. mani u don't have to like Mooney u have company there but no reason to take it out on King who has chosen to be a Spider. & I realize we all have names here like GKiller but idk when u create a handle based off a made up Depaul player from a video game u play....
Okay okay, first off, I've never once complained about the players whatsoever. I've never said anything negative about them, its all on Mooney. Yes you might not agree with my methods, but there's a lot of other posters on this board that post incentive things like calling VCU players "thugs" and nobody bats an eye at that, but when I say "please save us!" to a new recruit you make it out to be so bad. Should I have said that to him? probably not, but I'm sick and tired of this mediocre mindset that everyone has and I'm going to voice my opinion. Call me a fake fan if you want idc but I'll always be respectful towards the players.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
You can’t see who has blocked who. I’m just going off Mani saying Jordan blocked him.

Anyway, agreed, no Mooney fan here either, but the schtick is friggin annoying and incessant.
Thank you - I agree with all

Okay okay, first off, I've never once complained about the players whatsoever. I've never said anything negative about them, its all on Mooney. Yes you might not agree with my methods, but there's a lot of other posters on this board that post incentive things like calling VCU players "thugs" and nobody bats an eye at that, but when I say "please save us!" to a new recruit you make it out to be so bad. Should I have said that to him? probably not, but I'm sick and tired of this mediocre mindset that everyone has and I'm going to voice my opinion. Call me a fake fan if you want idc but I'll always be respectful towards the players.
Then consider refraining from jumping on a 22 year olds Twitter acct who is excited to be coming to our university … and instead challenge me and others to top giving decent $$ to our athletic fund when you and I both want the same things to be one of the top non P6 bball schools …

1 or 2 posters does not equal a lot.

I'm sure he's read the board and look at your 1st comment on this thread right after he commits. And my guess is idk maybe just maybe he's figured out the Mani Benton on twitter is the same one on here. And maybe sees no need to deal w it.

Never called u a fake fan btw

Do what u need to do but my goodness don't be surprised that u got blocked.

Reactions: plydogg
1 or 2 posters does not equal a lot.

I'm sure he's read the board and look at your 1st comment on this thread right after he commits. And my guess is idk maybe just maybe he's figured out the Mani Benton on twitter is the same one on here. And maybe sees no need to deal w it.

Never called u a fake fan btw

Do what u need to do but my goodness don't be surprised that u got blocked.
I never once said "why did he block me?". He's got his reasons and if I was a player, I'd block a fan who dislikes the coach as well.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I'll thread lightly for the foreseeable future section9!
I don’t think you live in the RVA but if you do let me know since would be good to hcd a live chat … I appreciate your intentions in our current and 18 year conundrum

Last edited:
Reactions: ManiBenton
Not to get to personal due to the members of the board hating my guts, but I do live in the RVA, but I'm not there right now, but I will be back in May.

nobody hates your guts we need all the fans we can get but no need to play the victim. Most want what u want. I've seen it all on the board, other mediums may need a different approach, a little more professional that's all. But idk I could be wrong I guess Twitter can be a cesspool. There's a lot of VCU out there so more Richmond the better.

nobody hates your guts we need all the fans we can get but no need to play the victim. Most want what u want. I've seen it all on the board, other mediums may need a different approach, a little more professional that's all. But idk I could be wrong I guess Twitter can be a cesspool. There's a lot of VCU out there so more Richmond the better.
I get your points, I'm not trying to play the victim. My content is hatable, I get that. I just crap on our coach pretty much every opportunity I can. I know that's my role on this board and I promise this is the first and last time I interact directly with a player. I let my emotions get to me in the moment and didn't make the best decision (although I didn't say anything derogatory towards our new recruit) I'm still gonna hate on Mooney, but I'll get better at when I do it. Also, I'm flattered a lot of the board members are on my twitter page or at least look at it.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I get your points, I'm not trying to play the victim. My content is hatable, I get that. I just crap on our coach pretty much every opportunity I can. I know that's my role on this board and I promise this is the first and last time I interact directly with a player. I let my emotions get to me in the moment and didn't make the best decision (although I didn't say anything derogatory towards our new recruit) I'm still gonna hate on Mooney, but I'll get better at when I do it. Also, I'm flattered a lot of the board members are on my twitter page or at least look at it.
Wait…you’re on Twitter 🫨🤣🤣 jk jk

What a great pick up! This guy can shoot it, and he is a scorer. I am already penciling in high minutes and double figures. Excellent FT shooter, and a career 36.8% 3 point shooter with high volume. His 3 point % dropped last year, but he finished the 2nd half strong from there, with games of 8-12, 4-8, 4-11, 4-9, 4-6, 5-10, and 3-8, all in the final 15 games last year.

Look at a couple of games he had the 2nd half of last season:

The Citadel: 42 points (14-19 and 8-12 from 3), 7 steals, 4 rebounds, 3 assists.

Chattanooga: 29 points (12-19 and 4-8 from 3), 7 assists and 5 rebounds.

And plenty more solid, all around 20+ point games.

Yes! I am liking this one a lot!!

If Smith is who we think he is, the one year for Jordan is just fine. Let's him play some - and if effective play more, but does not necessitate throwing him out there 30 minutes a game and learn on the fly so much. Also excited to see Dji after a healthy off season. Still do want to add one more guard with size and ability to dribble penetrate.

Reactions: plydogg
If Smith is who we think he is, the one year for Jordan is just fine. Let's him play some - and if effective play more, but does not necessitate throwing him out there 30 minutes a game and learn on the fly so much. Also excited to see Dji after a healthy off season. Still do want to add one more guard with size and ability to dribble penetrate.
That is the one position guard who is adapt at finishing!!

Reactions: coach fezz
I just crap on our coach pretty much every opportunity I can. I know that's my role on this board and I promise this is the first and last time I interact directly with a player. I let my emotions get to me in the moment and didn't make the best decision (although I didn't say anything derogatory towards our new recruit).
great that you're always positive towards our players and recruits, but crapping on Mooney at the same time is you questioning their decision to be here. no recruit wants to be told he made a stupid choice to play for a coach ... especially from a fan of the team.

great that you're always positive towards our players and recruits, but crapping on Mooney at the same time is you questioning their decision to be here. no recruit wants to be told he made a stupid choice to play for a coach ... especially from a fan of the team.
While your intentions are honorable, craping on coach when players commit to a program can be detrimental to any team, totally agree with Spider-Man 100%.

I am STOKED by this. Welcome aboard, Jordan!

Now, let's go get Brown and Maddox. And have Tyler return.

not sure what TJ's feeling, lol. can someone translate for me?

"Messieurs Golden and Gilyard, kindly check at once on the physical and mental well-being of your one-time associate, for I fear a great evil has overtaken him and caused him to to act in an untoward manner. Your swift attention is much appreciated."

You can’t see who has blocked who. I’m just going off Mani saying Jordan blocked him.

Anyway, agreed, no Mooney fan here either, but the schtick is friggin annoying and incessant.
Agreed. I can't stand Mooney but there is a line somewhere and blowing up a new recruit on his commitment day on social media is over that line.

I'm sure Mooney will do something in the next few weeks that will make my blood boil, but the signing of Jordan King, you have to tip your cap to him in that moment. We need to pick up some immediate starting caliber players in the portal this year and we just checked one of those boxes with Jordan King.

OK, took me two minutes to login to ChatGPT, it came up with:

The slang phrase "Get ur mans..." typically means that someone is behaving in a way that is embarrassing or inappropriate, and the speaker is calling on the person's friend or associate to intervene and "get their friend under control." It can also be used more generally to suggest that someone is responsible for the actions or behavior of their friends or associates, and that they should take action to address any negative behavior.

OK, took me two minutes to login to ChatGPT, it came up with:

The slang phrase "Get ur mans..." typically means that someone is behaving in a way that is embarrassing or inappropriate, and the speaker is calling on the person's friend or associate to intervene and "get their friend under control." It can also be used more generally to suggest that someone is responsible for the actions or behavior of their friends or associates, and that they should take action to address any negative behavior.
Does Babbel have a course for that?

• Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT