ADVERTISEMENT

We are the 'Big Boys' now

fan2011

Graduate Assistant
Apr 21, 2014
I have gone to the WVU and Cal boards after our games to try and see if I could glean any insight into our team from an outsider's perspective. What I found was amazing. We are getting preferential treatment from the refs! Us, a lowly 'mid-major' team is getting preferential treatment over P5 teams from officiating crews at neutral sites! We have made it! We are the 'Big Boys' now!

I think that's called perspective. As I recall there were plenty of posts in our first couple of games that accused the refs of screwing us. Doubt those posters are now saying that Cal got screwed. Personally, I don't think any refs go out of their way to screw one team over another. If they did, they wouldn't keep their jobs very long. They may suck as refs but I don't think they would risk their job in that way.

since both teams wear blue and yellow --- I would say there must have been a sale on blue and yellow glasses on Black Friday

From an eyewitness prospective in Vegas we have earned tremendous respect from opposing fans at this tournament. The other three marquee teams are some of the most athletic units I have seen and we most definitely belong in the group. We have gone head to head with two top 25 teams and made a huge statement.

Hey, we didn't get all the calls we should have . . . they missed a walk or two and fouls. Considering way games are being called now, you can find plenty of complaining about it on any college fan board. Respect for our team was probably even higher after the 2nd game was played in Vegas last night. We had a bad shooting night against WVU and played them down to the wire. Aztecs lost big, never could handle the press, and were out of it pretty early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT