ADVERTISEMENT

UH OH!!!

WebSpinner

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 7, 2003
will the news out of charllotesville unretire frs? he has been so adamant for ML getting fired and he now has to wait another year, at least. has to put a damper on his holidays.

if one speaks with anyone in the know, the majority of colleges attempt to handle sexual incidents on campus, within the university and that is dead wrong and hopefully what is happening in charlottesville right now will change that. they do it to hush the incidents so that prospective students and parents are not frightened away by the true statistics. ironic that the cbs series, BLUE BLOODS, just had a sexual assault on campus case, handled internally and it really hit home. the states or the feds need to eliminate university involvement in these incidents and have the local authorities, who have expertise, take care of them. as we saw at duke, with the lax deal, they don't always get it right either.

The only involvement that the university itself should have should be for support for the victims. Otherwise, I agree, Webspinner!

Happy Thanksgiving.

absolutely KW, support is really needed but not directing them or coercing them to keep it in house rather than going to the local authorities which most if not all schools do. it is bad enough to experience such a horrible deal and then be led into a dead end canyon by the campus support people. hope the uva deal will start to change what has been going on forever.

If UVA had Michael Strauss as QB, they would have beaten Tech by 21. UVA o-Line was awful and the QQb play was bad. This was their year and they blew it.

well actually i started this thread and it was about uva football and ML and not about the other matters taking place there. Cup is right on target with his thoughts on this thread.

Confirm another year? I know a lot of UVA fans who are not happy. But it's probably making a lot of Va Tech fans happy. Although some of them would like to see their own coaching situation change.

yep, ML is only coming back, beamer got a multi-year extension right before the season began. most hokie fans i know see themselves as penn st with paterno and florida st with bowden, can't get rid of them, they are icons, but they need to go and they want them to go.

having said all that about uva, frats and sexual issues, the ROLLING STONE, is now issuing apologies for their article and they admit not following up and doing their homework. this does not mean the young lady was not accosted but a lot of her story is just plain wrong. stay tuned for this one, could get ugly and maybe even a duke lax redo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT