ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Thread

EDIT: This wasn't an offensive comment against anyone but just something that was highly personal. Just edited it out because I've decided against sharing it with the community.

Reactions: Marley13
EDIT: This wasn't an offensive comment against anyone but just something that was highly personal. Just edited it out because I've decided against sharing it with the community.
Agree, as much as some of us can spar on here, that is stuff you need to go talk to friends or a counselor, not on a basketball message board. Good luck to you.

Reactions: plydogg
Life is hard kid. Get used to it.

I'm not sure how you can preface or postface disrespect with this and that makes it ok. It is like saying "Don't take this personally but..." or "I'm not racist but...". Being rude and disrespectful is what it is. I take the values of the University I attended very seriously as did others on campus. That is why I took a quote verbatim from the mission statement and values. How can you want to discuss the University of Richmond but disrespect what the University stands for in the process. I'm not here to put down others but I'm also not here to be the punching bag.

Or it could mean we're getting depth at a position we were shallow at last year and that we may end up having a bench player we can have more confidence in.
I don’t mind offering this guy, whatever offers he had are irrelevant if he’s playing at a high level now.

I don’t think this is due to depth at guard. The only reason we may have appeared shallow at guard is because we have a couple of guys who would otherwise likely play guard masquerading as forwards.

Fishing in the guard pond for transfers has to make you think we’re going to have some open guard spots, right?

Not necessarily. Non-grad transfers have to sit out a year and would not be able to play until after Khwan and JJ leave (if they stay next year).

Reactions: gospidersgo
Not necessarily. Non-grad transfers have to sit out a year and would not be able to play until after Khwan and JJ leave (if they stay next year).

Does a JUCO have to sit a year if they had attended a DI school prior? I recall there being some different rule for that instance.

Correct...so-called 4-2-4 transfers are immediately eligible at their second four-year school provided it’s been at least a year since they left the first four-year school and they take enough credit hours, have a high enough GPA, and graduate from the JUCO.

PF Davonte Fitzgerald from Minnesota is available as a grad transfer, didn't exactly kill it this season (3.7 ppg, 2.4 rpg) and has had knee issue, but would fill a need and if I'm not mistaken we were in the running for him/he visited campus after leaving Texas A&M a couple years ago...

not sure he fills a need. PF was more of a need last year. have Nathan, Sal, Tomas and Phoenix now. hopefully one more.

PF Davonte Fitzgerald from Minnesota is available as a grad transfer, didn't exactly kill it this season (3.7 ppg, 2.4 rpg) and has had knee issue, but would fill a need and if I'm not mistaken we were in the running for him/he visited campus after leaving Texas A&M a couple years ago...
That is a JMA/Kweisi stat line. I'll pass. If we are going to bring in grad transfers for 1 year, they had better help the team out. Hopefully, after 2 misfires, our coaching staff has figured this out by now.

Similar stat line but higher level of competition and coming off a knee injury last year... We need all the depth/help we can get and until I see one of the RS F make a contribution I'm going to assume we're 7 or so deep again with no scoring off the bench and no true front court players if you consider Cayo a G/F...

Well now that we are talking about it...

What happened to Solomon Hainna? He was the Air Force guy, that went JUCO, then we lost to Evansville. Didn't play much but now a Grad Transfer?

Wyatt Walker of Samford has been mentioned before. Great 2 years ago, Knee injury last year.

I also noticed Ellis Dozier of Ohio, an immediately eligible transfer that was a 3 star but hasn't played much. Injuries? or something else?

Similar stat line but higher level of competition and coming off a knee injury last year... We need all the depth/help we can get and until I see one of the RS F make a contribution I'm going to assume we're 7 or so deep again with no scoring off the bench and no true front court players if you consider Cayo a G/F...
I like Nathan and they may have called him a G/F in HS, but I don't see G at all. he's a big forward.

Kenpom has Marshal Wood as one of the most similar players to this guy. I suspect he would contribute about as much as Wood did his senior year. More than the grad transfers we have had, but not a key player by any means.

That is a JMA/Kweisi stat line. I'll pass. If we are going to bring in grad transfers for 1 year, they had better help the team out. Hopefully, after 2 misfires, our coaching staff has figured this out by now.
Agree with you the there. If we haven’t learned anything else, we now know that if you are not good after 4 years then you are not good the fifth year either.

Last edited:
Curry was not a big contributor as compared to other frosh. Maybe six coming
in are pretty strong and her playing time will be reduced further.

Reactions: Ulla1
Sounds like a perfect target and the exact kind of player we should be pursuing. And he's from NoVa, so it makes sense. Kudos.

Edit: Realized he played ball in high school with my nephew. Will have to do some intel here.

We're after Blake Francis from Wagner. He'd sit one, play two.

Wagner's leading scorer at 17 PPG last year, shot 40% from three. Second-team all-NEC.

Very efficient on offense, and a good steal rate. Haven't seen him play so I don't know if he is a one-dimensional 3FG shooter or if he has more to offer on offense and defense, but he is certainly a good scorer. I like seeing us going after successful transfers from lower tier programs, which I greatly prefer over bench players from higher level programs. These are the TJ Cline type players who could be serious contributors after their redshirt year.

Hmmm, I like this activity on the transfer front. Does seem like we are way more active on this front than in the past. Again, I am not an advocate of this as the main talent acquisition mode, but it is a great way to fill in holes, and not be dependent on unproven freshman to fill voids. Tarrant was always searching, and believe JB used this path pretty well too.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Hmmm, I like this activity on the transfer front. Does seem like we are way more active on this front than in the past. Again, I am not an advocate of this as the main talent acquisition mode, but it is a great way to fill in holes, and not be dependent on unproven freshman to fill voids.

With 2-3 transfers per team per year nationwide right now, recruiting transfers needs to actually be almost of equal importance as traditional recruiting. Where a school would traditionally be welcoming 2 or 3 freshmen each year to fill the 13 man roster, you now have to still fill those 2-3 spots plus the 2-3 that are likely to transfer. Seems this is the case up and down college basketball, regardless of school size, success or anything else.

Reactions: KWeaver
He's a lefty. if we keep it up we could have the country's first all lefty starting five.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT