ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Fire Chris Mooney Thread - 2018-2019 Edition

Of note, I also was responding to your definitive assertion that we would never do that. There absolutely are scenarios where I think that can happen. 0-13 is one of them. I don’t think that’s at all likely, and I don’t even think it happening at 3-10 is likely, but it can happen.

there's no scenario where he's fired in season. I could only see that if there was an assistant on staff that we want to look at on an interim basis. I don't think we have that. CM gets this full year ... more if it goes well, as unlikely as that seems after one game.
Have to agree with Spiderman, no way they fire him mid-season unless he throws another on court tantrum. Our assistants aren’t any good either and only know Mooney’s teachings. Hardt should be doing his due diligence now quietly looking for a new coach. Nancy Lieberman is still my pick. Instantly put us on the map.

I was going to say “I know what I want for Christmas this year” but I’m hoping Hardt orders it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday instead.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Just finished making 2 different recipes for sweet potatoes!

Here's hoping that the kids on the team have a happy Thanksgiving. I'm feeling sad for the kid from Finland, so very far from home, wasting away on the bench while we play our cream puff schedule.

Past the anger stage, moving along to the I don't care stage. Donation will be halved unless this clown is fired. Prior to Tarrant had the same feeling, history is repeating.

Reactions: KWeaver
bread%2Bsquares%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bbutt%2Bof%2Ba%2Bbird%2Bdr%2Bheckle%2Bfunny%2Bwtf%2Bthanksgiving%2Bmemes.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Well, we could moan about bad backs and ED, but who wants to hear about that?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Wish Bob Black would stop yukking it up on air while we are shi__ing the bed. Very annoying and not a good look for the school.

Reactions: SpiderK
Wish Bob Black would stop yukking it up on air while we are shi__ing the bed. Very annoying and not a good look for the school.
Bob Black should be on the same moving truck with Mooney and Huesman

Last edited:
So I continue to think that a mid season firing is very unlikely except in the most dire of OOC performances. I think there’s a scenario in which we are getting our ass handed to us by 20 by truly substandard competition then you stop counting the wins and losses and evaluate if the nature of the losses is adequate reason to change things up.

So I continue to think that a mid season firing is very unlikely except in the most dire of OOC performances. I think there’s a scenario in which we are getting our ass handed to us by 20 by truly substandard competition then you stop counting the wins and losses and evaluate if the nature of the losses is adequate reason to change things up.

What happens if our OOC record = that of last year...even with a supposedly easier schedule this year?

Is Coppin State the "red line" game, in your mind?

I doubt we would fire Mooney mid season, this is Richmond we're talking about. But it needs to happen 5 minutes after our last game this season. Hopefully we can attract a quality coach during March.

I'm sure when Mooney wins the record it'll be brought up on the jumbotron, but I don't think there will be a big celebration for this. And like others alluded to, the chances of Mooney being fired mid-season is very slim. So the department will do the right thing by briefly mentioning Mooney as the all time win leader and then Hardt will do the right thing by firing Mooney at the end of the year.

Reactions: SpiderK
He’s doing the best he can with what he’s forced to work with. He’s a competitor in real life and
I’m sure he is even more frustrated than the average fan. How’d you like to have to put a rose on a pile of crap?
Anna, I do understand your point, but seeing Black over there laughing most of the game was hard to take. I truly saw nothing to laugh about in that game tonight. Absolutely nothing.

Reactions: iSpider and fmrick
What happens if our OOC record = that of last year...even with a supposedly easier schedule this year?
That’s one of the scenarios where I predict you need to make a move. 3-10 or worse to me is a no brainer. You could make the same argument at 4-9 or maybe 5-8 if a bunch of those losses are totally non competitive.

We just lost to the Hampton Pirates by 20 on our home floor. Who do you guys think we can beat?

I couldn’t find Hardt in the stands. Wonder if he saw the student singing the National Anthem forget the words twice and throw the microphone on the scorers table and walk off. The crowd valiantly tried to save her, but to no avail.

Is Coppin State the "red line" game, in your mind?

If we lose by 20 to Coppin State, we would seriously be in the running for worst D1 team this year. I think Mooney could actually be fired mid season if that happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT