ADVERTISEMENT

TC Williams School of Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontRoyalSpider

Team Manager
Jun 20, 2011
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the name of our law school was changed to The University of Richmond Law School? Also, in what year was the name changed?

I still refer to our law school as T C Williams School of Law' I am still partial to our "real" spider "General Spidey"

My Dad was a grad of TC Williams School of Law (Class of 1952).
He was grad of University of Richmond (1949).

This post was edited on 8/16 4:56 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

read on article that indicated that they are referring to it as the UR school of law to present a more unified front but nothing has been done with Robins and the business school so may be more to it than that.

Re: UR Law

No. Attracting better students does. Preferably out of state students. From the north.

Re: UR Law

Yep MM that's all we need.

Lord help us!

The rate we're going, given 20 to 30 years, all the UR alumni from Virginia will all be dead, leaving no alumni in the city or state of Virginia.

The campus can then be relocated to somewhere like Patterson. N.J.
This post was edited on 8/17 8:21 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

UR Law

Faculty has been vastly upgraded over the years so has the type of student(including LSAT) and the level of and type of job placement as well as passage of bar acceptance.Sounds like UR's undergraduate schools.

Specifics

I sincerely hope those Virginians (which make up the largest share of our graduating classes) in the class of 2014 can find a way to live more than 20 or 30 years.

Originally posted by SFspidur:
I sincerely hope those Virginians (which make up the largest share of our graduating classes) in the class of 2014 can find a way to live more than 20 or 30 years.
Depends if they have a propensity of getting assaulted by JMU alums outside of convenience stores, i guess.

Don't know whether the guy that accosted me outside of the 7 11 here in FR is a JMUer or not.

I have had positive encounters while wearing UR garb here in FR.

A few months ago a couple came up to my wife and me and said they noticed the UR crest on our license plate. (One of our cars has the spider on its plates. Our other car has the university crest)

Anyway, they said their granddaughter is going to UR!

SFSpider I was told by a HS guidance counselor, that a rep from UR told this counselor that Virginians need not apply to UR....the university wants its student body from the Northeast.

When I was a student at UR we had students from the north. We also had Virginia well represented.

Ah the recycled HS guidance counselor story from FRS...never heard that one before. Without even getting into the fact we're at least 3 degrees of separation from the anecdote, all it proves is you associate with people as stupid as you are. The makeup of our student body geographically is without dispute. It is publicized every year.

btw, so now you were accosted outside the 7 11? Last week it was while standing in line. That's the thing with lies, they have a tendency to change.

So, I'm stupid?

I won't say what you are!

All I'll say is if you are an UR grad, well I won't go there!

Have a nice day....actually I hope you don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT