ADVERTISEMENT

Stetson-Player grades

97spiderfan

Spider's Club
Feb 2, 2005
Lots of good marks tonight. Our offense through 2 games looks dynamic, but our defense really needs some work. I've never seen us leave so many wide open shots for the other team. We are usually lockdown at defending the 3, and we have let our first two opponents light us up from 3.

TJ: A+ 27 points in 25 minutes. 4-5 from 3. He was unstoppable.
SDJ: A+ Really dynamic game. Set the tone early by knocking down a couple transition 3's. Most impressed with his 7 assists, some of which were highlight quality.
MW: A+ 17-9 in your second competitive game in a year and half. This guy is going to be starting for us, probably sooner than later.
TA: A-: Nice game, but was overshadowed by play of the 3 players above. Thought I would never say this, but at times, I thought he was too aggressive.
Khwan: B+: I'm sure Mooney will beat this out of him at some point, but he has 5 offensive rebounds (8 total) as our PG. I love how he follows his shot and uses his extreme althletism to keep plays alive.
Deion: B: I think tonight's game is what we want out of Deion. I really never want him making a 3, because it will just encourage him to take more, but he was really active inside on defense. 9 rebounds, 3 blocks. Really solid game
Jesse: C+: Seemed more relaxed tonight, hit a couple shots. Good to see a true freshman contributing so soon.
Julius: C: First game, can't expect much. He has a really awkward looking shooting stance and shot.
Trey: D: Played 19 minutes didn't really do anything.

Mooney: A: We dropped a 108 points, that deserves an A. Clearly, he needs to work on our defense and glad to see him pretty disappointed in a game where we smoked the opposition but did not play defense to his standards.

Nice Report card 97. Maybe drop Mooney to C+. We have given up an 85 point avg to two bad teams. That will bite us in the ass very soon. These were two teams with slow big white guys.

TJ gets extra credit for dunking, was that his first in a game with the Spiders?

Reactions: SpiderK
While we need to play better defense, I am not too concerned about Stetson's point total. First, with a 30 second shot clock, teams get more possessions, thus more shots. I believe that we will see college scoring up across the board this year. And second, for about the last 7 minutes, we were playing the back-ups. Stetson out scored us during that period as they still had their front line players in the game. I think that our back-ups were doing everything they could to get everyone in the score book. Offensively, we played very well and made the same shots that we missed against JMU. We will be fine as we get more playing time for our newcomers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT