ADVERTISEMENT

Status of UR's Coach

Any word on the hostage negotiations? We're in Day 24 since the Suspension began.

31 days since the incident itself.

Tenured Professor Rick Mayes will be issuing an internal email tomorrow which has definitive resolution points.Those points will be re-released to John O'Connor for public consumption.Baseball is being disbanded altogether beginning next year.Pitt field is being converted to an international Cricket center which will draw crowds from many Commonwealth nations.We will petition the NCAA for such sport to become our initial D-3 sport.ESPNU is interested.

Day 28.

I understand that we now have Jimmy Carter on retainer to aid with the negotiations.

Can you imagine the headaches that our football, basketball and baseball staffs are having out on the recruiting trail? The Mayes email and the poor handling of the McQueen situation has us flapping in the wind.I am sure our competitors are loving this.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
Day 28.
IMHO, the longer the suspension, the more likely McQueen stays at UR. His "indefinite suspension" will last only as long as the slow period for the team. When does college baseball recruiting pick up? Are we really being hurt by a long suspension?

URFAN1 you are are correct as good size weekend tournament at Liberty Univ this weekend as I have a friends kid who is a junior picture being looked at by several schools. ( I would not want him, attitude, atttude, attitude)

I know people are wondering what is taking so long. What I've been told from people inside the athletic department is that McQueen will be fired. They are currently working through all the legal stuff in McQueen's contract. Also, they are interviewing for the position. There are 5 candidates and the top candidate has Richmond ties. I do not want to give the name of the top candidate but it's not too hard to figure out if you are familiar with the Spider baseball program. Hope this provides some answers that everyone has been looking for. An announcement should come within the next week.

Must be some kind of complicated contract to take all these weeks to finalize. It Needs to end quickly. I don't know whether to be upset with Gill or Ayers but one thing for sure, it has been handled badly..

McQueen hasn't been officially fired yet and the administration has already narrowed down a replacement to 5 candidates and doing interviews?? I find that hard to believe. Who is applying for the position if no one knows if he is fired or retained? Are we doing a national search for a new head coach?? If not, are we going to get the best head coach out there? This is so ridiculous if what you say is true.

Very classy. You are interviewing candidates before you remove your coach. Richres, well said.

I cannot say for sure about doing a national search. I am only aware of the top candidate. If I had to guess, it would not be a full on national search since most coaches thoughout the country are not aware there is a job opening. I would speculate the search is narrowed to people that are familiar with the Richmond program and ones who have some insight to what has happened. Also, to answer the question if they are going to hire the best possible candidate - it does not seem that way.

am sure Mac has an attorney and the school knows they are going to let him go and both parties are negotiating and dancing about what he gets, somthing, nothing. this is not unusual and am sure UR wants to make sure that how they fire him does not cause more visible, in the paper negative ongoing probs going forward. to some of us looks black and white but to attorneys, a very complex issue and why attorneys write contracts so they can make money on either end.

Spinner, for a reasonable flat fee I'll give you a detailed legal anaysis of the situation.

actually, little bro, think i have it figured out. am all for you guys, just telling others why this is taking soooooooooooooo long. wonder if JO is involved?

I ran into JO two nights ago and he told me that no one is talking to him. He even asked me what I had heard. He said that it was one of the "behind closed doors" situations that he had had covering UR.

72, was thinking of the Joe rather than the John in my JO comment. it is a personnel situation and am actually glad that we handle such matters quietly.

Ok, so I guess the top candidates are Sean Casey, Andy Allanson, Brian Jordan, Vito Chiaravalloti and Mark Budzinski. May the best man win!

Day 31.

If this was a hostage negotiation, how many times do you think Ayers would have ordered Channello's by now?

Tracy Woodson would be a good choice if we could get him from Valpo. He played at Benedictine and NC State during the Tommy Gilman era.

does anyone feel that any new coach we are negotiating with, could demand/ask for the improvements we have discussed on here? this is the time that they could get done if we want a guy bad enough and if he is willing to demand certain things before accepting the job. or do you think we would just settle for a guy who will take the job without getting improvements? think this is more critical than the time frame.

Day 32.

I have heard Dick Wolf is working on an episode of Law and Order based on events surrounding the UR Baseball saga. Rumor has it Luvsbugs has been casted as the DA.

Mo I heard she was being casted as CIO (Chief Investigating Officer)

Day 33.

It is rumored that Ayers is considering creation of a "Committee to Review the Baseball Manager Role Subcommittee" and Dwight Shrute is one of the frontrunners to lead the panel.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
Day 34. I saw Coach McQueen on my milk carton this morning.
FWIW, I don't believe others on this thread who say they definitely know that McQueen has been fired.

We'll learn a lot about UR's commitment to the program with this hire after a "national" search.

Is it the Ryan Wheeler that i have linked?

Glad to see this chapter end. Hopefully Athletic Director Ayers can get the replacement in place quickly.

Ryan Wheeler

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT