ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl games

URTOM68

Letter Winner
Sep 26, 2011
Amazing how many top players have opted out, due to draft status or portal transfers. Do you think they'd play if in the playoffs ? This may well force the NCAA to increase the number of teams in the playoffs or watch the bowls continue to erode.

Last edited:
Bowl games have turned into exhibition games. They are like watching the final preseason NFL games. The NCAA is meaningless, college sports have gone pro. Might as well have them all sign binding contracts requiring them to stay and play.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
Amazing how many top players have opted out, due draft status or portal transfers. Do you think they'd play if in the playoffs ? This may well force the NCAA to increase the number of teams in the playoffs or watch the bowls continue to erode.

ESPN effectively runs the Bowl games.Its their call.Bowl games will evolve into the BCS/FBS playoff format.

"Starco Brands LA Bowl Hosted By Gronk Champions" has such a great ring to it...congrats, UCLA!

I glanced at a site that listed all bowl teams and players opting out. My estimate is 95% are portal. Saw a suggestion that portal should open 1/15.

Reactions: urfan1
I can see not wanting to get injured before a transfer or an attempt to go pro. BUT I don't like it, not at all. It's like when pro teams sit their players at the end of the regular season. Not fair to the fans who paid to see the WHOLE team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT