ADVERTISEMENT

Savon Smith and the Offensive Line Getting It Done!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

over 400 yards of total offense...235 on the ground...185 through the air...done against a pretty good Elon defense...

I'd say our offense is gelling at just the right time...most football experts believe Championship teams have to be able to run the ball effectively in November and December...

Savon Smith and Kyle Wickersham had a giant games on Saturday behind an offensive line that was getting some "push" even in short yardage situations...

I expect the vaunted Tribe defense will be the ultimate CAA test for the Richmond offense...we'll need every bit of push the offensive line can give to control the ball and sustain drives on Saturday...I think we'll rise to the challenge!

Go Spiders!

Let's hope it continues. It could come down to which team can run it like you are thinking.

Tribe LB John Pius and DE Nate Lynn are studs. Between them they have 17.5 sacks, 27 tackles for loss, 12 QBH, a fumble recovery each, and 3 FF combined.

Their starting QB was out last week and might or might not be back, but the backup is pretty good, I think.

They are walking 28 seniors this weekend, so they certainly are experienced.

Reactions: mojo-spider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT