ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Morgan State

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

how appropriate that there was just a slight hint of fall in the air today?…Saturday could be an almost perfect evening for the 2023 Richmond opener at The Brick House…

preseason camp went on forever, but seemed different than in recent seasons…a lot of energy, confidence and competition…even the usual hard to please Coach Huesman seemed more upbeat…we all heard him say multiple times how much he liked his players and this team…

Morgan State should come in playing loose and with nothing to lose…it’ll be a big game for them, but a bigger game for the Spiders…the team needs to begin demonstrating that all of the optimism surrounding the season can be taken from camp to the playing field…

Saturday evening I hope to see a dominant Spiders defense…on the offensive side it’ll be interesting to see if we leverage our strong offensive line to run the ball more and balance our offense…and most of all, how Wickersham performs at QB…there’s a lot of strength around him on the OL and at RB…

I hope our guys see this one as a statement game…sending a big message to the coaches and fans that they are on an eleven game mission to play meaningful football in November and December once again.

Enjoy the Prologue.

Go Spiders!

On the first scoring drive of the season, there were 12 plays. Kyle Wickersham ran 6 times and threw 2 times. There were two other run plays. The score is 7-0. Morgan State can't stop him, as of now. Michigan State will be a different story. Running QBs do not last in the CAA.

QB is not good and the special teams suck as usual. Long year.

Qb ran 14 time 8n first. I can’t see games . Please tell me if they were coverage runs and he ended the play running our ot bounds or were they some dumbs…planned running plays.

We are currently struggling against the likes of Morgan State. May not win. Everyone say 10 Hail Marys for upcoming Michigan State…

What's really sad is that this doesn't surprise me. All you folks who have been talking about our cupcake schedule, this is what you get. And those who get upset when we start talking about the Patriots League, well, I like your optimism but this is where we are. Thank you UR administration for how far we have fallen in the past 15 years.

Reactions: SpiderK
I cannot "like" the prior poster's comment, but unfortunately I could not agree more with the last sentence he posted.

Remember when our slogan was "it's a great day to be a Spider?" It's hard to envision that day happening again anytime soon, on either the football field or the basketball court.

"Like" my post or not, the true can hurt. We're about to lose to Morgan State......MORGAN STATE

Gallipoli…and we like winning. Unfortunately as we have seen under RH, we can’t have both.

Painful listening to Bob Black and Lane Casadonte yukking it up on the TV broadcast while we're getting our head handed to us.

Don’t worry - Bob Black told me the last time UR lost a home opener we made the playoffs. All is well. Future is bright.

What an embarrassment

• Haha
Thank you, Russ, for ruining yet another season Spider football. You should be ashamed of yourself. Get the hell out of town and never show your damn face in these parts again you clown!

Embarrassment doesn’t come close to describing this turd. RH ran out of players to cover his arse. Send him packing with what’s his game that coaches the basketball team! Totally disgusting. Why would anyone donate or buy tickets to this squalor.

If this program has any pride left at all, then please forfeit next weeks game before we go there and lose by 100 to their 3rd string. I am embarrassed for the school. Of course the administration could care less.

Queue the John Hardy email "all is well, send more money to our poor school"

This loss is a fire-able offense and the most embarrassing loss in my history as a Spider fan. I don't care if we win out the rest of the season(We wont), its already a failure. Best decision ever not to renew season tickets to this joke of an athletic department this has become. Willie Lanier could of come out the stands for Morgan St today and lace em up against us. RH shouldn't walk into the parking lot without receiving his pink slip over this. Time for a billboard. Flood the airwaves on tuesday to voice your displeasure. Enough is enough of this crap!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT