ADVERTISEMENT

FCS Playoffs - Richmond 49 NC Central 27 - Spiders Rally to Move On!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
take your pick from this "four pack" of amateur, selected Spiders highlights from yesterday's giant win over the Eagles...when things looked bleak late in the first half our defense took over the game...our offense and special teams took advantage of the failing Central offense to go from 7-20 to 35-20 early in the 4th quarter...it was a remarkable turnaround!

here are selected defensive plays which include several of the crucial stops in the 3rd quarter:

these are selected offensive passing plays...both of Nick DeGennaro's TDs are featured...DeGennaro's TD just before the half changed the direction of the game...as several have commented our WRs won the 50/50 balls all afternoon...Coach Huesman has praised Winston October's work with the WR group:

selected rushing highlights here...Savon Smith another workhorse game with the go ahead TD early in the third quarter is featured...it looked to me line our offensive line began to wear down the Eagles defense in the 2nd half...our rushing attack with Smith and Wickersham has balanced the offense making the vertical game even more dangerous...I like Fonnae Webb...his electric run is a selected highlight despite the fumble...it looks to me like he hits the hole quicker than any other running back...he's shown he can break a big one at any time:

finally selected highlights from our special teams...Smith's 65 yard punt return (sadly not featured) gave us some much need breathing room...he also handled his fair catches flawlessly, several into a very difficult sun field...Trussler was Trussler all day...the powerful NCCU punt return team turned in negative 4 yards...Lopez was 7/7... and McManus helped our kick coverage team hold the eagles to only 58 yards on 8 kickoffs!...these guys will go to UAlbany on a roll:

What a incredible day at The Brick House! As the probable last home game for this team, they saved the best for last...but as they move on to an even bigger game in Albany Saturday I expect their play to match the challenge...it should be another great CAA battle...

Congrats to the players and coaches on this tremendous win!

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT