ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 27 William and Mary 26 - Spiders Defense Stops Tribe When It Counted Most!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

still tying up loose ends from W-Burg...

for most of the game the Spiders defense did a pretty good job of controlling the Indians vaunted rushing attack against a stout offensive line...63 yard TD run aside W&M averaged only 3+ yards per carry...the Spiders had 7 tackles for loss and 3 sacks...

of course you can't ignore the big plays that plagued the Spiders on W&M's first TD and again in the 2nd half...that'll be something we need to correct for the Playoffs...our front four got good pressure on Wilson throughout the game, but had a hard time getting him down on his scramble...several times he was able to escape and make a big play downfield...this was a particular problem in the Tribe's four quarter comeback...

but as another poster said in another thread this defense did not let the controversy at the end of regulation keep them from getting the job done...they stopped the two pointer...

if someone asked me what the biggest play of the year was, I'd say stopping the two point conversion...kudos to Marlem Louis for leading the pressure on Wilson and Aaron Banks for defending the WR during the scramble...

I expect the Spiders defense to give us a chance in any upcoming Playoff game...

Go Spiders!

Satchmo, are you going to do another pre-game summary? Your fans in Richmond and around the world want to hear from you about NCCU. We have to keep the mojo going.

Reactions: urfan1
Satchmo, are you going to do another pre-game summary? Your fans in Richmond and around the world want to hear from you about NCCU. We have to keep the mojo going.
Ha! The Spiders will be practicing on their Turkey Day to prepare for Central. What kind of fan would I be if I decided to take the Day off to celebrate? I'll take one for the team!

Warning! The mojo may be slower and less animated than normal. Things just seem tougher after 3000 calories.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Go Spiders!

Ha! The Spiders will be practicing on their Turkey Day to prepare for Central. What kind of fan would I be if I decided to take the Day off to celebrate? I'll take one for the team!

Warning! The mojo may be slower and less animated than normal. Things just seem tougher after 3000 calories.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Go Spiders!
It is always good to hear from Spider Royalty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT