ADVERTISEMENT

Robins Center Attendance Watch

Say what you want about it...we’re lucky to have MCV. There are some world class doctors there.
++++!VCU is a POWERHOUSE as far as Med Svcs!!!! Hopefully, you will not need their services but if you do you are lucky to live in RVA!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tickman
5001 in the building tonight.
Complete bull. I'll give credit the football team was there in mass. Got there before tipoff and there until the end. It was academic recognition night many of the athletes came walked out on the floor and left. Without them I'm guessing 20 other students.
Two struggling teams playing a bad basketball game.

Cayo looked like he's shut down, Wojick's legs are dead. Andre played pretty well. Could be the last home win I see for awhile.

With 2000 cleverly disguised as empty seats.
On a lacrosse anouncement it says seats are $10- no freebies for upcoming matches.
BB tickets are $5(Cedarfield) or free for kids club

What does that say about our "flagship" sport?

Last edited:
Reactions: MolivaManiac
On a lacrosse anouncement it says seats are $10- no freebies for upcoming matches.
BB tickets are $5(Cedarfield) or free for kids club

What does that say about our "flagship" sport?
Sounds like our “flagship” is going down at the bow.

BB tickets are $5(Cedarfield) or free for kids
At least get the facts right. There are 2 $10 lacrosse games this year. Both are games against lacrosse powerhouses (ACC teams). All Southern Conference games are free like they have been since lacrosse started at UR.

Updates with last 2 home games added in and 2 home games remaining.

The average currently (5,547) stands down about 14.5% from last year's end of year number (6,491).

Longwood - 6,717
St. Francis - 6,851
IUPUI - 5,015
Hampton - 4,475
Wake Forest - 6,076
Coppin State - 4,220
Oral Roberts - 5,107
ODU - 5,617
URI - 5,006
Duquesne - 4,603
St. Bonaventure - 6,503
La Salle - 6,644
Goo Mu - 4,769
GW - 6,601
Fordham - 5,001

VCU should bring the average up. Davidson will be a Saturday night game, so it should help.

The AD should be ashamed to post that number. You can watch their own highlight video and discern easily that it's a lie.

My favorite is - St. Francis - 6,851.

11 am game on a Wednesday afternoon, our largest crowd of the season?

Its probably safe to assume we have about 3,000 - 4,000 season tickets that are always accounted for in the count, no matter what.

I still can't tell if they are announcing attendance/gate as opposed to tickets sold. I don't know how anyone could think we had 5000 at the Fordham game, unless the student-athletes were not in seats and really bumped the number.

I do think a lot of people were at the SFU game. Those middle school kids fill the seats.

My guess is that it's tickets distributed no matter how much they cost.

Its probably safe to assume we have about 3,000 - 4,000 season tickets that are always accounted for in the count, no matter what.[/QUOT

Its probably safe to assume we have about 3,000 - 4,000 season tickets that are always accounted for in the count, no matter what.
I was there that was because there were 4000 elementary school kids. They count them????

Not smart enough to do that. Would rather discourage walk up attendance by advertising a sold out game.

Got another Spider Club "Last Chance" (thru Friday) email about buying vcu tickets. I thought the last chance was about 3 weeks ago. That's what my prior email said. Would have expected with the events of the last week this would have been sold out by now.

I still can't tell if they are announcing attendance/gate as opposed to tickets sold. I don't know how anyone could think we had 5000 at the Fordham game, unless the student-athletes were not in seats and really bumped the number.

I do think a lot of people were at the SFU game. Those middle school kids fill the seats.

My wife was there (I wasn't). She said that the kids brought their lunches with them, so they must have waived the no outside food rule for that game. I'm sure we lost money on that game, since all of those kids probably paid zero for the ticket (only for the bus trip).

My wife was there (I wasn't). She said that the kids brought their lunches with them, so they must have waived the no outside food rule for that game. I'm sure we lost money on that game, since all of those kids probably paid zero for the ticket (only for the bus trip).
Oh it wasn’t a moneymaker, just saying there were a ton of people (kids) in seats.

This is really REALLY definitely maybe most likely and possibly your last chance to buy tickets to this game. Unless they don't sell them all today. Then tomorrow will certainly for sure be the only last time you might possibly be able to get some.

The fact that they still can't sell VCU tickets to alums after all these attempts sums up the state of the program perfectly.

Also, when it's clear you aren't getting enough bites from alums and want to keep VCU fans out, maybe drop the ticket prices from $50 a pop? Despite my relentless pessimism, I may have been willing to buy a pair for half that and decide whether to go or not later, just to keep VCU people out. But I'm not gonna pay $100 for two seats to a potential laugher. I guess they are reluctant to drop prices given how much revenue they've lost with down attendance.

Yawn. Another day. Another reason for some of you to criticize our program.

We gave our VCU tickets away. Wasn't looking for a profit, but wasn't going to go to a home arena where I felt like the enemy. They went to UR people, but they probably wouldn't have taken them if they had to pay for them.

wasn't going to go to a home arena where I felt like the enemy
This is the strongest statement about the state of the Spider program. I definitely know the feeling, but I am still going to go and gut it out. There is nothing worse than a place with more crowd support for the visiting team.

The seats around me have been mostly empty all year and I fully expect them to be occupied by people wearing gold and black.

I guess it is a good thing that Grant Golden like to compete in hostile environments.

Yawn. Another day. Another reason for some of you to criticize our program.

Until they stop doing things that makes them the subject of criticism, it's going to continue. They're not above criticism at this point. Hokie fans criticize Buzz all the time, and they're ranked! No team in D1 is above criticism.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT