ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie Avila - 2022 Offer/Visit

This player definitely looks like the prototypical big man for UR. Get TJ or Grant to talk to this kid and get him up to speed on the Mooney way.

Reactions: spider23
Interview with Robbie. Had some generically nice things to say about us, but when asked which schools are recruiting him hardest, he didn’t mention us.

Loyola coach "we have big plans for you taking over for Cam." Mooney "we have big plans for you taking over for Grant"

Robbie parents, "God forbid we don't need you looking like a terrorist"

The kid might never pan out in college but if Loyola offers no way RU gets him. Just kidding! And I was going to post that 100% b-ball was UR's flagship sport. Sadly they don't have one, an academic school that plays lots of sports. The HIGHER-UPS are the culprits for the non-exposure!

swxnxvhfmzuguey2oivc.jpg
603a994688294.image.jpg

the mental gymnastics you Mooneyphiles put yourselves through must be really damaging to your psychological well-being
because I don't think choosing LUC over UR would be a slam dunk for everyone?
sorry for having a different opinion than you. I'd choose UR.

Reactions: plydogg
Just took a little jab at UR but no doubt I rather reside in Richmond than Chicago for 4 years. My post was more aimed at UR HIGHER UPS sitting still and letting it seems PQ and his money dictate the direction of UR basketball. I guess having 1B+ endowment gives you less worries about sports recognition? Unfortunately us b-ball junies concerned with UR basketball think we're the majority but we're not.

not firing the coach doesn't mean we're not invested. last year we had a great team. things didn't go as well as we hoped but it was a strange year. the year before was also a great team. we just didn't get a chance to finish it.
the roster is strong. recruiting is strong. this isn't a rebuild. we can be great this year. I don't get the doom and gloom.

Very solid program in his backyard...I would expect him to pick them over us.

Wildcard is the departure of Moser. Can they sustain success under Valentine? They're certainly hoping to maintain status quo by promoting from within.

Chris Knight, Saint Thomas...would not be at all surprised if Avila makes it a trifecta of guys we recruited who end up there.

Very solid program in his backyard...I would expect him to pick them over us.

Wildcard is the departure of Moser. Can they sustain success under Valentine? They're certainly hoping to maintain status quo by promoting from within.

Chris Knight, Saint Thomas...would not be at all surprised if Avila makes it a trifecta of guys we recruited who end up there.
it wouldn't be surprising. close to home might be big. and if he's Catholic and wants a Catholic school ... then it's a no brainer. looks like the only 5 on their roster was a walk on.

he's projectable. he's just finishing HS junior year. if he was ripped and more explosive, we probably wouldn't be in the discussion.
Very true. But from his perspective, if he put some muscle on, his options might open a bit more.

We are a top academic university who will soon get back to the NCAAs. This kid could be a solid piece for us. I have not seen a school with nearly as much to offer as UR yet.

We are a top academic university who will soon get back to the NCAAs. This kid could be a solid piece for us. I have not seen a school with nearly as much to offer as UR yet.
Well, he could lead Indiana St to a 33-0 record and an NCAA Final appearance.

Oh yeah, been there done that...

Quick interview with Robbie…talks a little about his three visits so far and seems very positive about UR. Probably looking to sign in the fall, but also waiting to see how things develop.

Good stuff, SF. Thanks for staying on top of this and the ongoing updates.

Bradley offer...given his location, unsurprising that MVC schools are piling in on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT