ADVERTISEMENT

Random, useless Richmond stat

fan2011

Graduate Assistant
Apr 21, 2014
Kenpom is for some reason interested in keeping statics on which two teams have gone the longest without losing on the same day. We are part of his list of the top ten pairs of teams who have the longest streak of not losing on the same day, exciting I know.

Here are the top ten pairs, we come in 3rd paired with Gonzaga:

1. Duke/Savannah State (12/6/08)
2. Memphis/Murray State (12/20/08)
3. Gonzaga/Richmond (12/31/08)
4. Iona/Oklahoma State (1/31/09)
5. Iona/Iowa State (2/21/09)
6. Oral Roberts/Wichita State (2/28/09)
7. Iona/Murray State (3/6/09)
8. Iona/Minnesota (11/27/09)
9. Duke/Middle Tennessee (12/2/09)
10. Iona/San Diego State (1/9/10)

What's with Iona being on half of those? It helps they're a winning program, but still...

Must be influenced by MAAC scheduling, which frequently does Friday-Sunday road trip games, so many of their games are on days when other schools aren't playing.

What's with Iona being on half of those? It helps they're a winning program, but still...

Must be influenced by MAAC scheduling, which frequently does Friday-Sunday road trip games, so many of their games are on days when other schools aren't playing.

You are probably right.

Thought this would be a good place to ask, Did Kenny moves us one spot from 64 to 63?

Thought this would be a good place to ask, Did Kenny moves us one spot from 64 to 63?

Seems so, he probably updated some rosters in his database causing the preseason rankings to change slightly.

This might be the single most pointless stat I have ever heard in connection with any sport, professional or amateur. But it is hilarious to know that it is being tracked somehow. However, does this mean that all 365+ Division I teams have lost on the same day as EVERY other team at least once since Dec. 6, 2008, except for Duke and Savannah State?? I'm no statistician, but that seems rather incomprehensible.

This might be the single most pointless stat I have ever heard in connection with any sport, professional or amateur. But it is hilarious to know that it is being tracked somehow. However, does this mean that all 365+ Division I teams have lost on the same day as EVERY other team at least once since Dec. 6, 2008, except for Duke and Savannah State?? I'm no statistician, but that seems rather incomprehensible.

It does indeed, but there are over 5000 college basketball games played every year. So close to 40,000 games played since Duke and Savanah St. lost at the same time. The last time Duke lost we happened to also be playing, and also lost. We were playing 3 of the 4 times they lost last year, we won twice and lost once.

Last edited:
This time a useless fan stat. I believe of people who registered at Kenny's site & declared their favorite team here was the top 10.

Team % of fans
Kansas 5.7
Duke 4.8
Virginia 4.8
Kentucky 4.4

Wisconsin 4.3
Indiana 3.9
Michigan 3.6
North Carolina 3.2
Arizona 3
Illinois 3

Surprised UVA is above those two.

This time a useless fan stat. I believe of people who registered at Kenny's site & declared their favorite team here was the top 10.

Team % of fans
Kansas 5.7
Duke 4.8
Virginia 4.8
Kentucky 4.4

Wisconsin 4.3
Indiana 3.9
Michigan 3.6
North Carolina 3.2
Arizona 3
Illinois 3

Surprised UVA is above those two.

Maybe UVA grads are more likely to be stats people?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT