ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Fund

Almost every day I get an email from the University of Maryland Terps asking me to donate money to their NIL fund.
I tell them I’m waiting for the Spider request, because I’m sure our crack marketing people are on it. Hahahahaha
Our marketing folks are not on it because it is not run by the university.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
UR NIL fund is top secret.

Tom Cruise Hide GIF

UR NIL fund is top secret.

Tom Cruise Hide GIF
I would rather it be "top secret" and have more money available than be all wide open with less money. I think the quieter, the better. The less NIL distractions, the better. We did just land a guy who had a St. John's offer, so we must be doing something right.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeter
And you think he got NIL Money?
No idea. But, I certainly think it is possible. Either way, we did something right in getting him here. So, my point is those that are complaining about how our NIL is putting us behind everyone, well, we just landed Soulis, so NIL or no NIL for him, is our NIL really putting us behind everyone else?

who would have thought having an open spot in July would be an advantage?!
he was class of 2024. I read that Richmond was the only school asking him to reclass to 2023. SMC and SJU offered for 2024. the move to 2023 was appealing to him. he felt great with Mooney and the offense, as any skilled big man should. and we have a great school. perfect fit.

as for NIL, no idea how much the general public would add, but it would be in addition to what's already there. it can't be less money if it was available to the public unless you think the existing NIL donors would reduce their contributions for some reason.

Reactions: VT4700
Or how about, bear with me...wide open with more money?
I don't know...to me, the quieter, the better. I don't want all my guys talking NIL and comparing dollars with each other. That could ruin team chemistry. If you have enough money, and want to get to the right people for NIL, I'm sure you could do it.

Reactions: bullfrog91
Almost every day I get an email from the University of Maryland Terps asking me to donate money to their NIL fund.
I tell them I’m waiting for the Spider request, because I’m sure our crack marketing people are on it. Hahahahaha
Yeah, if there is one thing I just can't get enough of, and want more of, it's unsolicited e-mails asking for money.

I had a company lined up to provide $10,000 to a player for radio and TV commercials, but apparently none
of you know if we even have a NIL fund.

I don't know...to me, the quieter, the better. I don't want all my guys talking NIL and comparing dollars with each other. That could ruin team chemistry. If you have enough money, and want to get to the right people for NIL, I'm sure you could do it.
They are teenage kids - they are going to talk and compare no matter what. Whether its quiet or not. If one kid gets more money than the rest, they will know soon enough - so to me, this is a moot point.

I think the louder the better from a recruiting perspective. Lets recruits and transfers know we have an NIL and are not afraid to use it and are serious about using everything at our disposal to advance the basketball program. That is what kids these days want to see and the majority of them like the public eye of it - hence all the highlight videos, instagram and youtube videos, etc. The more exposure the better.

BUT Again - with that exposure comes other things, which I don't think UR as a school wants to encounter.

I had a company lined up to provide $10,000 to a player for radio and TV commercials, but apparently none
of you know if we even have a NIL fund.
Oh we know we have an NIL, it’s just that none of us know how to contribute to it. Which I guess is by design if you believe the one person here who seems to know.

Recommend you contact UR80sfan. Seems to have the hookup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiders4ever
Oh we know we have an NIL, it’s just that none of us know how to contribute to it. Which I guess is by design if you believe the one person where who seems to know.

Recommend you contact UR80sfan. Seems to have the hookup.
Top secret.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT