ADVERTISEMENT

New renovations at the RC

Got to take a tour last night. Weight room is complete, and it sounds as if the team will be using it for the first time this morning. Locker room is about 75% complete, and will be ready when they start camp in August. Nutrition bar and sports medicine areas are about 50% completed. All very impressive and will be huge in recruiting. Will be the nicest facilities in the CAA for sure.

I thought the nutrition bar was still over at Bernie's?

I thought the nutrition bar was still over at Bernie's?
If you refer to Bernie's Sub Shop in Tuckahoe Shopping Center, that place was awesome I loved the turkey sub! Bernie had a large General Spidey on the wall and college pennants hanging from the ceilimg.

If you refer to Bernie's Sub Shop in Tuckahoe Shopping Center, that place was awesome I loved the turkey sub! Bernie had a large General Spidey on the wall and college pennants hanging from the ceilimg.
My wife's Hungarian grandmother also loved the subs at Bernie's. I took my future wife to Bernie"s several times. She told me that her grandmother liked eating there. Unfortunately her grandmother passed away about five months before I met my wife.

My wife's Hungarian grandmother also loved the subs at Bernie's. I took my future wife to Bernie"s several times. She told me that her grandmother liked eating there. Unfortunately her grandmother passed away about five months before I met my wife.
Believe it or not I believe it's still there and doing fine.

Reactions: urfan1
Bernie's was there in 2016, on my last trip back to UR, and hadn't changed much since 1976. The subs were great, and it was crowded.

Phil's and the Hitching Post are gone, alas.

Bernie's was there in 2016, on my last trip back to UR, and hadn't changed much since 1976. The subs were great, and it was crowded.

Phil's and the Hitching Post are gone, alas.

Bernie's is still there, the crowds and pennants are still there, and General Spidey is still there. Not much has changed!

I had a chance to tour the weight room, Sports Medecine room and locker room after the breakfast yesterday and I have to say I am impressed. Remembering the locker rooms in Milheiser, these are outstanding! Nice job on a much needed facilities upgrade. Makes Rocco’s “lack of commitment” statement seem not only weak, but probably not the real reason he left.

Overall, the facilities upgrades that have occurred and will occur clearly show that our school is committed to top tier athletics. They include Crenshaw Field new surface, tennis courts face lift and new scoreboard, new weight room and locker room for football, new sports medicine room for all sports, new LAX locker room and offices and new golf locker rooms, offices and indoor training area at Independence Golf Club. Not to mention what has already been done with the baseball field and basketball arena/locker rooms and the future basketball practice building. My hat is off to UR for their vision. GO SPIDERS,

Really impressive stuff. This has raised the bar. Thank you to all the folks that made this happen.

Reactions: urfan1
It's really great. Thank you to all that made this happen. By the way, I understand that my question may be a bit off-topic, but I'm really interested in your answers. Guys, how often do you train? I'm new to this business and I've only been working out in the gym for a month, but I'm already seeing results. It's convenient for me to train 5 times a week, but my coach says it's too often. What do you think about this? Even on my favorite sports website https://skinnyyoked.com/ I found information that I can do light training every day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT