ADVERTISEMENT

NDSU 38 ETSU 35

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
Bison score 2 TDs in last few minutes and then an int to seal the win. Game was at ETSU, they had a great chance when up 35-23 in closing minutes at home, but could not pull it off. Great game.

How do you make the stop on 4th and goal and get the ball up 12 with 4:20 to go and lose? Epic collapse by ETSU….3 and out, then give up a quick TD, an onside kick, and another TD. Brutal.

Towson lost to host Nova 14-13

Tigers had 2 opportunities to win in last 1:45

Missed 35 FG with 1:38,hit upright

Got ball back and advanced to 25 yd line.
With 4 sec attempted another FG ,shanked kick

• Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider
Bison score 2 TDs in last few minutes and then an int to seal the win. Game was at ETSU, they had a great chance when up 35-23 in closing minutes at home, but could not pull it off. Great game.
I don’t mean to be rude, but why do we care? I was interested in the Villanova vs. Towson game.

The bigger news is that NDSU actually traveled to an out of conference FCS venue. ETSU is in Johnson City, TN. The closest real airport is Nashville.

How do you make the stop on 4th and goal and get the ball up 12 with 4:20 to go and lose? Epic collapse by ETSU….3 and out, then give up a quick TD, an onside kick, and another TD. Brutal.
Didn't the Spiders do this, or something similar against Yale a few years ago at home? Brutal was not a tough enough word to describe how that one felt!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: 32counter
We did the same thing to Villanova on opening day 1975. Trailed 13-0 the entire 4Q, scored twice in the last two minutes to win 14-13. I'd actually left the game to go home to prepare for a party we were hosting and thought we'd lost until people came over all fired up about the comeback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT