ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Collective NIL

will he though? the role is needed. but as a fan, HS athlete, or booster ... I don't see how Woj moves the needle.
Woj is extremely popular on social media - has 6.5M followers on twitter and many of them with notifications on. I imagine he'll find a way to use that platform/massive following to attract and market players, raise awareness and money, etc. I think he'll have to move the needle for them, at least some anyway.

Reactions: spider23
Woj is extremely popular on social media - has 6.5M followers on twitter and many of them with notifications on. I imagine he'll find a way to use that platform/massive following to attract and market players, raise awareness and money, etc. I think he'll have to move the needle for them, at least some anyway.
He has come a long way from when he played here in 2020…

Wow - that's a great move for Bona. That guy is more connected in the basketball world than almost anybody. Will instantly boost their popularity, recruiting efforts, NIL $$$, etc.

I don't think we can wait too much longer to create this position in our own program. Not like we have anyone close to Woj who would be a candidate, but there's a reason more schools are going to this model.
I think the closest we have for basketball is Kevin Eastman or Ken Atkinson whenever he is done with coaching in the NBA. For football or general spider athletics, Todd McShay and Tim Hightower come to mind.

Further to my case
1) I promise to change my JR avatar.
2) Once, many years ago, I was playing on Kenny Atkinson's team in the carpet gym and was on a rare burner - and KA started calling me "Money" when I shot.
I still remember when I started coming full speed down the lane for a hook shot off the backboard.
For that day, I had the nick name “free toaster”.

This was so long ago a free toaster was still a “running bank hook” at financial institutions.

Further to my case
1) I promise to change my JR avatar.
2) Once, many years ago, I was playing on Kenny Atkinson's team in the carpet gym and was on a rare burner - and KA started calling me "Money" when I shot.
How cool is that? And I could definitely see Kenny doing something like that...that's just who he is...very positive, always complimenting...he was a great teammate and leader. Now, the question is did he also call guys like Rodney Rice, Eric English, and Curtis Blair "Money" when they got hot, or was that name just reserved for u. 😀

Reactions: spider23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT