ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney temporarily stepping away due to heart issue

Anyone place an over/under on how much they actually discuss our MBB program. I doubt they will have much time in the interview to get to that after they allot time to discuss fawning over Peter Thomas and how the team stepped up in his absence (even though team continue to tank before and after Mooney left) and then of course the Eagles offseason should take up the rest of the time.

I give a max of 90 seconds to discuss something substantive related to our basketball program.
Don't forget Phils Spring Training Chatter.

Anyone place an over/under on how much they actually discuss our MBB program. I doubt they will have much time in the interview to get to that after they allot time to discuss fawning over Peter Thomas and how the team stepped up in his absence (even though team continue to tank before and after Mooney left) and then of course the Eagles offseason should take up the rest of the time.

I give a max of 90 seconds to discuss something substantive related to our basketball program.

Did u get the talking points in Hardts from the AD Desk I just received. We'll cover all those in there. Add in the Princeton run. Something about Mike Rhoades and their kids playing hoops together. And then 1 of Phillies/76ers/Eagles. Maybe something about wedding season upcoming if really lucky.

Book it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mo 2.0
Anyone listening, I'd rather stick in a needle in my eye than listen to Bob and Mooney do their mindless chit chattering.

Reactions: SpiderK
Little of note. He is doing great, he was in touch with Peter Thomas a bit before his surgery, watched the end of the SLU game and the two A-10 tourney games, is now in the arena 4-5 hours a day, will be active in the transfer portal.
Shocking that there was little of note. Of course, nothing to possibly excite Spider fans. Of course, he is just following the Richmond mantra of "temper your expectations". Hope they put that on our hype video next year.

VCU will be interesting to watch because in the age of the portal - coaches have a easier way to attract players, but its also easier for them to lose players. So most of Utah could join VCU and I am sure Odom has guys he recruited on the east coast that maybe Utah was too far away and now at VCU he can attract them. I expect them to take a step back - but remember, the A10 is WEAK right now. All it takes is a few good transfers and VCU will not fall far.

Reactions: urfan1
Mooney radio appearance around 1:45 today. Hoped to hear something about recruiting/portal (no specific player discussion obviously), but didn't get it. Main topics included being away from the team, Rhoades/Odom, and whether a one-bid A-10 was just a blip.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT