ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney temporarily stepping away due to heart issue

Thomas, a UR assistant, said that he had not spoken to Mooney, and added “I’m not sure how much he’s allowed to communicate himself right now, but we have gotten updates through Lia, his wife ... I’m sure it’s a tough time for him, but it seems like so far everything’s going about as well as could be hoped.

“All the updates from Lia have been very positive.”

Nice idea. I hope that people's submissions focus on well wishes for his recovery rather than rehashing all of the complaints and criticisms that appear on this board.

It's the internet anything can happen but you'd have to be a pretty big A Hole to do that. But what we might be is stupid. Or at least that's what the school thinks of us. Those sample messages! We'll tell you exactly what to write. Very heartfelt. Lol. & i guess they don't think we can follow directions either.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Sample messages is rather comical, but perhaps it is just the thought that counts.

Had to go to site to see them and see that some lucky people get to hand write the messages onto cards. Bet that means that there will be plenty of editing of any long winded ones. It is sad that they had to state positive comments only.

Last edited:
Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
I don't get that one either, but now that 97 clarified, its all starting to come together. Wondering if PT gets the wins or the losses on his record??

Ghost of K and Gaudet. Of all the shady things K did , the way he treated that guy probably one of the worst.

I don't get that one either, but now that 97 clarified, its all starting to come together. Wondering if PT gets the wins or the losses on his record??

Ghost of K and Gaudet. Of all the shady things K did , the way he treated that guy probably one of the worst.
PT gets the L’s and Mooney gets the W’s

I was wondering the other way, do these count in Mooney's career totals?

I think here we have to go by no news is good news. Hope he’s getting lots of R&R here during his recovery.
Saw a post by a friend on UR alumni FB site who saw Coach out to lunch with his wife today so hope his recovery continues to go well.

Reactions: urfan1
Fwiw Mooney was quoted in a feature espn article on Mitch Henderson that hit today

First off, SF, I think I beat you to the punch finally. Secondly, I'm glad Mooney and JOC are keeping up with this board. Less than 24 hours after we ask when he is returning, bam there he is.

Given that, a few additional requests to Mooney:
1. Hit the portal and soon. We need an elite/proven PG, along with an elite proven wing. Heck our roster, kind of blows, losing 3 starters off a sub-500 year, so literally every portal player we get, had better be elite. No more flyers on guys we can hope to develop.
2, Announce that this saving life surgery has given you a new urgency to win now. Just say it, Mooney. It will be well received. Yeah, it will put pressure on you to delivery, but really you should feel that pressure anyway. Embrace it. Life is short.

Heard on the way home that Mooney will be on ESPN 106.1 in Richmond (Bob Black’s show) at 4:30pm tomorrow if anyone wants to hear the usual banter.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Heard on the way home that Mooney will be on ESPN 106.1 in Richmond (Bob Black’s show) at 4:30pm tomorrow if anyone wants to hear the usual banter.
Anyone place an over/under on how much they actually discuss our MBB program. I doubt they will have much time in the interview to get to that after they allot time to discuss fawning over Peter Thomas and how the team stepped up in his absence (even though team continue to tank before and after Mooney left) and then of course the Eagles offseason should take up the rest of the time.

I give a max of 90 seconds to discuss something substantive related to our basketball program.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT