ADVERTISEMENT

mlb draft

61 Spider

Starter
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2004
Jacob Mayers was drafted by Arizona in the 19th round. Showing him as a third baseman. Andrew Brockett was drafted by Royals in the 22nd round. I expect Brockett will sign even though he has one year of eligibility left.

Congrats to both and good luck! It's the dream of many young men.

I would have thought maybe Andrew comes back for one more year unless he believes he can't improve his draft position at all. But I don't think 22nd round is all that enticing money-wise.

I think pitchers in the draft are a little bit trickier concerning when they enter. Do you stay and take chance of injuring your arm and not being drafted or do you feel you are at your peek level in college and you need to take your chance now? I think also it depends on the guidance of your coaching staff as to what would be best for you, and currently that may be a mute point.

The 19th and 22nd round - not good - terrible money and the odds are bad - stay in school - get a diploma - see if you move up next year - you have time to do this.

I wonder how much impact the instability of the coaching decision will have on these decisions.

Originally posted by 61 Spider:
Jacob Mayers was drafted by Arizona in the 19th round. Showing him as a third baseman. Andrew Brockett was drafted by Royals in the 22nd round. I expect Brockett will sign even though he has one year of eligibility left.
Both are great players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT