ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola Game Thread - Tues 8pm ESPN+

Offense looks really sloppy. Settling for threes and Quinn is being careless with passes/missing freebies.

My lord, Quinn needs to wake the eff up. His man is literally backing up 10 feet off of him and he is not looking at the basket. WTF. And slow as hell on defense. Cmon man. We are reverting. Need a wake up speach again, this is pathetic. But can one of the coaches tell Quinn they are not guarding him. This is middle school BS.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
Is King sick? Why is he on the bench? Great to have Hunt back but King and Dji need to get back in there. 9-0 run and multiple missed 3s by Loyola that could have made it 12 in a row.

Quinn needs to come out and settle down and have a coach tell him to look at the hoop when he's wide open at the foul line and stop dribbling so much on his moves. He has to be tougher and use his size and fight to get low post position. He's not doing that right now at all.

So far the momentum carryover I mentioned from St Bon is AWOL. Loyola looks avg to very beatable, but we’re beating ourselves.

Reactions: gospidersgo
We're getting a tough whistle. No calls when they're bodying us, and a bit softer on the other end.

Do we have any FTA?

Offense looks really sloppy. Settling for threes and Quinn is being careless with passes/missing freebies.
Totally agree. Plus early signs of not taking the opponent seriously in my opinion. Loyola looked very slow at the start also. Did everyone run a few miles before the start of the game?

Reactions: MDspider8
Some tough defense. Loyola bigs have made some nice post moves. Jordan settled us down and Quinn did exactly what he needs to do if he's open at the FT line, hit that runner.

The offense is not getting anyone open for clean looks, so I'd love to see a bit more off the bounce from Dji, Bigs, Hunt and Tyne. King is able to get looks outside bc of his handle but no one else can.

Gotta make shots. Gotta play physical and get to the line.

b2b posessions with open looks and the momentum in a tie game but Tyne and Quinn missed FT line jumpers. And Harris had a great move spin out.

team settled down when King and Dji back in.

I like the minutes Walz has given.

23 all. Extremely ugly shotmaking, very tough defense. UR looks better IMO. One bad stretch, but otherwise we have the ability to win - need to make some shots.

Great end of half coaching, Moon. Way to save that use it or lose it timeout and let Jordan throw up a prayer.
eh, I've seen the plays we've drawn up out of late half/game timeouts the past couple years, I'm okay with playing it through. At least we got a shot off. Would have preferred a harder push for a possible try at the rim, or a 3. A running 17 footer is not ideal decision but he didn't seem to know the exact time left..

Draw up some offense to get 3pt looks to Roche when they leave Quinn open at the line. Some off ball screens or maybe Roches man has to step in to help on Quinn

Bigelow weirdly seems off put by the physicality that Loyola is defending with. He's gotta match it with some tough drives instead of waiting for refs to call something on bumps and holds. He threw up his hands in frustration on a cut at one point

This is a Fordham (on a down year) level crowd.

I'm pretty shocked by the crowd. They made a F4, tons of national publicity, play in a major city...why are they not drawing better crowds? It's no wonder they have the student assistants posing as baseline fans.
Is it partly the weather?

LUC announcers say that team is a good start of 2nd half team. Hope the Spiders get focused and Mooney does better with the substitutions. Not impressed with the Ramblers, a winnable road game.

Reactions: gospidersgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT