ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of LAX this week/weekend + A10 M/W tourney @ Brickhouse & @Cary St begins Thursday

Previewing The 2023 Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament – Lacrosse Bucket

Matt Campbell vs. Jack DiBennedetto | 5 Individual Conference Tourney Matchups To Watch | Slideshows | Inside Lacrosse

Last edited:
Spiders up 8–4 at the half. Only glaring deficiency is getting dominated at the X, but fortunately UMass is turning it over a bunch.

Reactions: BOSRIC
Spiders doing better on the faceoffs and have blown it open to a 13–6 margin after three, and that’s even with UMass getting the last two goals of the quarter.

Much rather face HPU than St. Joes. Their faceoff guy is a nightmare. Cautiously optimistic heading into this game. SF correct me on this if I am wrong, but is this the 4th straight time they've face each other in the post season?

Reactions: urfan1
SF correct me on this if I am wrong, but is this the 4th straight time they've face each other in the post season?
Yup. In fact, 2017 and 2018 are the only years we haven't faced them in the conference tournament.

2022: UR 12–11 in SoCon semis
2021: HPU 11–8 in SoCon final
2020: No tournament
2019: UR 15–7 in SoCon final

2016: UR 17–6 in SoCon semis
2015: HPU 9–8 (2OT) in SoCon final
2014: UR 8–7 in ASUN semis

Great player interviews.....fine young men in our lacrosse program! Credit to coaches Chemotti and Richards for their leadership.

Reactions: 32counter
Women roll over St. Joe’s, 21–14. Tough matchup against UMass on Sunday at noon for the championship. Not sure if they have a chance at an at-large if they lose, as their RPI fell from 22 to back to 30 this week even with an easy win in the regular season finale.

Women roll over St. Joe’s, 21–14. Tough matchup against UMass on Sunday at noon for the championship. Not sure if they have a chance at an at-large if they lose, as their RPI fell from 22 to back to 30 this week even with an easy win in the regular season finale.

UR WLAX vs Joe’s on 5/5/2023 - Box Score -

Reactions: urfan1
We almost certainly avoid the play-in game, which should be #40 Marist (MAAC) vs. #27 Delaware (CAA) based on unofficial RPI calculations.

I guess the question of whether we're next in the pecking order or there's one more behind us might hinge on the ASUN championship tomorrow. If #16 Utah wins, they'll definitely be ahead of us. But if Air Force wins, it might be close. We're currently at #21 and Air Force is at #25, but an AF win over Utah might be enough for them to leapfrog us.

#22 Loyola is playing #19 Army in the Patriot final tomorrow, so I'm sure whoever wins that one finishes ahead of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT