ADVERTISEMENT

St Christopher's A10 connection

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
I thought this was kind of interesting. Currently 2 of the top 20 scorers in the A10 Gibson Jimerson and Joe Bamisile both played hoops (I think in the same grade) during middle school for St Christopher's here in Richmond, which is where Sherod played. They both ended up transferring before high school. St Christopher' has put out a lot of good division 1 players across a lot of sports and U of R has been getting a lot of quality athletes over the past half dozen years from the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallipoli
Pretty embarrassing that we let those two guys get away. But that's what happens when you go a decade without making the tournament. Players like that aren't idiots -- they want to win and make the tournament. I bet one would have landed with us had we been able to show them a path there.

Losing begets losing begets Mooney begets losing begets Mooney. It is a repeating pattern, and only getting worse
I have looked in the mirror and come to the conclusion that a change is needed at the top of our basketball program. We must do it NOW!! Let’s take our losses and began fresh💯💯! This as nothing to do with players.

Seems like leaving RVA was a priority for Gibson too...never seriously considered UR or VCU.

I am actually a little surprised U of R is getting as many athletes as they are. Not many people want to go to college less than a mile from their high school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT